AOI HOUSE (Week 129) - Countdown to Midnight

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!

lugger91
Location: I'm in your fridge, mixing your fruit with your meat and cheese.

Post by lugger91 »

Sargon wrote: and to note that the head had been struck repeatedly with a blunt object, torn from the body of the statue (which was then presumably melted down for scrap), plundered of any semiprecious stones in the eyes and thrown in a trash heap, where it was preserved under 3,000 years of onion peels and floor sweepings.
And this is relevant how?
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb67/lugger91/gungrave.png[/img]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sargon wrote:Sorry, that was perhaps a gratuitous detail, I get too descriptive at times. Also, I was trying to defend myself from accusations that my name was just as pretentious as Europe's. My point: yes, Sargon is the name of a king, but no, I did not choose it out of any delusions of grandeur, or even an affinity for the Akkadian ruler.
Sargon the Sorcerer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sargon_the_Sorcerer

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Sargon wrote:I don't think that song is good for any occasion.
No, it's always appropriate for... a magic show!!
YES!!! Arrested Development! Quite possibly the greatest dysfunctional family show EVER. I was totally thinking of making a reference about Gab's magic shows, but I didn't think anyone would get it.

You have proven me wrong. I doff my cap at thee, good sir. This post just netted you many points in my book.

Oh, and Sargon, just knock it off. What you think about the song is irrelevant. And besides, everyone knows that the only sucky things about the 80s were the hairstyles and drum machines. Apart from that, it was a veritable Xanadu of decades. VERITABLE XANADU.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Last edited by Giz on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Sargon wrote:Sorry, that was perhaps a gratuitous detail, I get too descriptive at times. Also, I was trying to defend myself from accusations that my name was just as pretentious as Europe's. My point: yes, Sargon is the name of a king, but no, I did not choose it out of any delusions of grandeur, or even an affinity for the Akkadian ruler.
My point was that the meaning of the name "Sargon" is "the true king" or "the legitimate king". I wasn't referring to any particular person carrying that name. And you know exactly nothing about the reasons why Europe chose that name, so your assumption of delusion is plain and utter hypocrisy on your part.

Bottom line: you fail.

Adam Arnold wrote:Sargon the Sorcerer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sargon_the_Sorcerer
I only know Simon the Sorcerer. :happyhappy:

Peregrin wrote:Oh, and Sargon, just knock it off. What you think about the song is irrelevant. And besides, everyone knows that the only sucky things about the 80s were the hairstyles and drum machines. Apart from that, it was a veritable Xanadu of decades. VERITABLE XANADU.
Ethan, is that you?

Sargon wrote:The hair styles, the drum machines, sport coats with the sleeves pushed up, synthesizers, Prince, Michael Jackson, the glorification of hideous sweaters (worn of course with the sleeves pushed up,) leopard print spandex, cocaine, Ronald Reagan, the recession, the cold war, CIA killing people <i>everywhere,</i> Red Dawn, leg warmers, Eddie Murphy, shoulder pads, Danny DeVito, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Poison, Bon Jovi, Europe, Kansas, Gene Wilder, Chuck Norris taken seriously as an actor, Magnum PI. Please let me know if I've missed anything.
You don't have the slightes idea what you're talking about, do you? Cocaine (either the drug or the song) was not introduced in the 80s. Recessions occurred before and after. Same for the CIA killing people "everywhere". The Cold War started right after WW2. Synthesizers were already commonly used in the 70s (try some Deep Purple for instance). Magnum, P.I. had at least one episode that totally rocked (Legend of the Lost Art). And I for one still keep pushing up my sleeves.

I'd agree on shoulder pads, Michael Jackson and Prince, though. :sweat:

However, the 80s also gave us Heavy Metal, video games, home video, personal computers, and tons of great movies.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Salomeness wrote:YATAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get out.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Salomeness wrote:YATAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OVAAAAAAAAAAN!