AOI HOUSE (Week 125) - Hallway Encounters

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

dragoneye13 wrote:An Aoi House anime would be cool, but I'm a little hesitant about the idea. If something goes wrong in the transition from manga to anime, I'll be one of the thousands of fans who will be severely pissed. I think Love Hina managed to pull off an anime adaption pretty well, but with others (like Naruto) something usually goes wrong. If some company ever does offer to make an anime I think you should be one of the directors of it, Adam. That way we know that the "Aoi House" feel won't be lost.
I wouldn't want to be involved, really. I prefer to leave those kinds of decisions up to whatever director or creative team was working on the theoretical spin-off property.

There is more on this topic in the current pages of the Q&A Thread:
http://www.gomanga.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=880

(BTW, Naruto isn't a good example... that show is over 200 episodes and a multi-million dollar franchise. They must've done something right with the anime. ^_-)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Adam Arnold wrote::echiboo: Aoi House In Love!: Episode 6, Page #5 & 6 - "Get Up And Dance" + Aoi Notes: 10/12/2007 :echiboo:

Can't say that it's been a terribly exciting week. Pretty normal and slow, really. Much of that is due to Jason and Yayoi being gone for the Frankfurt Book Fair.
Frankfurter Buchmesse, eh? Darn, I'll be driving past Frankfurt tonight. Anyway, still not much of a chance seeing you or Shiei on a fair or convention over here, I guess?

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

No, the Frankfurt Book Fair is more of for company execs and stuff.

Radioactive24... check last week's thread. Tuxedo Mask was discussed there.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Adam Arnold wrote:No, the Frankfurt Book Fair is more of for company execs and stuff.
I'm aware of that. However, there are more book fairs in Germany than just this one. A more consumer-oriented one would be the Leipziger Buchmesse for example. Or one of the anime conventions (namely AnimagiC or Connichi).

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

59cobalt wrote:I'm aware of that. However, there are more book fairs in Germany than just this one. A more consumer-oriented one would be the Leipziger Buchmesse for example. Or one of the anime conventions (namely AnimagiC or Connichi).
Can't say I'll be going to any international conventions anytime soon. ^_^;

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Radioactive24 wrote: Morgan looks somewhat like Morgen from Darkstalkers
I actually think she's supposed to be Etna from Disgaea... don't ask me how I know that, not owning the game, manga, or even a Playstation, but... yeah...

Buckeroo

Post by Buckeroo »

Peregrin wrote:
Radioactive24 wrote: Morgan looks somewhat like Morgen from Darkstalkers
I actually think she's supposed to be Etna from Disgaea... don't ask me how I know that, not owning the game, manga, or even a Playstation, but... yeah...
This person is correct. I've never played the game, either, and I COULD tell you how I know Etna so well... but I shan't.

Suffice to say that Morgan as Etna is pleasing to roughly the same degree as Morgan as Tinkerbell.