Webcomics.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Re: Webcomics.

Post by Iceman »

I am basing that on the Swedish women I already know. Hot, but not in that way.
The iceman cometh

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Speaking of SatW: =)) =))

"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Pneumonica

Re: other web comics?

Post by Pneumonica »

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Discussing other webcomics, here are a few of mine.

MSF High, High School Changed Me, Out of Character, and Play Time are all by the same writer (Wraith) and various artists, and generally take place in the same universe. There's actually a forum RPG for MSF High (and it actually gets regular attendance), and a tabletop RPG in the works. It suffers from the fact that Wraith has no head for money or moneymaking, which gives it a Dresden Codak update schedule and occasionally incomplete (uncolored) pages. (I actually have done some writing for the tabletop RPG and some rules work for the forum RPG.)

Speaking of Dresden Codak, that one cannot be overlooked. There isn't enough "geek" in the world to explain the diverse academic geekdom of that title. While we're on the topic of "webcomics you probably know about", let's go ahead and mention El Goonish Shive and Girl Genius.

You might not have heard of The Meek. Warning: Comic is mildly NSFW (one character doesn't wear clothing much - it's not played sexy, though it does make people mildly uncomfortable). This one is pretty impressive - although it updates irregularly, it exceeds the Dresden Codak threshold, and the artwork is incredible. Plus, it's quite the interleaved story.

Exiern is also a standout. Although the humor is sometimes enough to make me facefault, it's hilarious and exciting at the same time. The evil wizard just can't catch a break, and the one real jab he made at the barbarian hero didn't help him much (the barbarian hero is having a slight crisis of "not-being-a-guy-anymore").

Several webcomics I rather enjoy have some really shoddy publishing schedules, I've noticed. :-\

Moved these two posts from the webcomic thread in the Graveyard to this active webcomic thread. :P The DAMNed
Further affiant sayeth not.

Adamas

Re: other web comics?

Post by Adamas »

Heres a pretty new one that I enjoy, but admit the pace is kinda slow, but it has quite a few LOL and WTF moments, not to mention the main character's....interesting command of profanity.

Grrl Power.

Not sure if someone's put Spinerete up yet or not, so here ya go

http://www.krakowstudios.com/spinnerette/
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Babs

Post by Babs »

I know its been said already, but I really do love Something Positive. I started reading it in '03 and have been reading it religiously ever since. I only have a few other webcomics I keep up on regularly, those being Red String, Cardboard Angel, and Looking For Group. I haven't been keeping up too well on LFG lately though because....its moving SO SLOW. I mean it, I can barely remember why they're even fighting this army.....

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Meh, the only reason i read the LFG comic is because i check the forum daily. The rp subforum that is. :p
The comic hasn't been funny or interesting plot-wise in a very long time. :|
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

FrenaThakore
Creator of the Cuddle Piles

Post by FrenaThakore »

I AM SO GLAD this thread was started. Thank you Fen. MA3 was my very first web comic ever to read. Im new to it. I hopped over to Eerie Cuties from an add then to Penny and Aggie the same way.

Im a lazy internet user and hate hate hate to search web pages so Ive put off "looking" for more comics to read.
But now I have lots and lots of recommendations. Yay!
Though, its at such a bad time. I just got a new job thats going to take up so much time. Ive got an hour and half commute to and from work. Need to figure out how I can chat online, read webcomics and post on the forum all while driving.
I'm fine! Seriously! Thanks for asking.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

@FrenaThakore: *cough*You could read webcomics from work while the boss isn't looking.*cough*

>_>
<_<
>_>
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Well, she might have a job similar in nature as mine, where there is no internet connected computer nearby at working hours.
The iceman cometh

FrenaThakore
Creator of the Cuddle Piles

Post by FrenaThakore »

Im a nurse at a hospital. I could get fired for getting online and reading comics. They told me in orientation that 2 people got fired for looking at "People from Walmart" pictures on an email. The person who sent it and the person who opened it and read it on a hospital computer. Im not going to push my luck.
I'm fine! Seriously! Thanks for asking.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Farewell our brothers in claws :<
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

*feline salute*
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Indeed, I saw...

*sadfaces*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)