Webcomics.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Re: Webcomics.

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I just happened to stumble on this earlier today... it's a short little webcomic that's apparently finished called Young Lovecraft. It seems some guys attempted a little wry take on what H. P. Lovecraft would've been like as a child in a sort of Calvin and Hobbes sort of take. Mildly amusing, but mostly interesting because I know we have several Lovecraft fans on this board. :)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

Ah shit, didn't know this thread existed (or completely forgot). I posted this in the gamers lounge: Here's my webcomic: http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

"Various depictions of battlefield scenarios with lessons for lifesaving situations."
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Any of you read Misfile? I've been seeing comments about it on TVTropes and been wondering if it's worth diving into the archive binge required to get caught up to it.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

I recently got back into one of the granddaddies of the webcomic genre, Kevin and Kell. Strip's been around since 1995, I read it from 1998 to 2004, then lost track of it while in a depression. I picked it up again last year, and it's still good.

15-16 years worth of daily strips is a lot of archive binging if you want to do that, but, it's a newspaper-style strip, so it's not like that's several thousand full pages, or sommat.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

Ravenhull wrote:Any of you read Misfile? I've been seeing comments about it on TVTropes and been wondering if it's worth diving into the archive binge required to get caught up to it.
I haven;t read it in like a year or so, so I'm way behind, but yeah it's pretty good.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I have to give Kamino Neko credit to this one, posting a few pages in the "Jabber" thread - Scandanavia and the World. I enjoyed the mixture of humor, history, and insight into the viewpoints from other cultures. I actually didn't sleep last night until I caught up reading through the archives.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Heh...I learned about SatW here, too...have no idea who posted the strips any more, though.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I stumbled on SatW when I saw some of her stuff on DeviantArt. Following humon there gets you not only SatW, but also her other stuff, such as Niels, the most inactive Love and Tentacles (in this case, it's the girl with the tentacles), and her random stuff, which often includes a lot of Scandinavian folklore (think less Asgardians and more trolls and faeries).

SatW is lots of fun, especially when you aren't worried about being offended when she pokes fun at your own country. ;)

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Heh, my favourite strips are the ones where America wears Canada as a hat. It's so adorable.

I like Niels, too. Wish more of it were in the form of comics, rather than random illustrations, though.

Love and Tentacles is evil. EVIL! Rassafroosintentaclesbrrrr....

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

ROFL...

I freely admit that even I find Love and Tentacles a bit creepy... but it is cool to see the classic stereotype reversed.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I love those two webcomics!

but no links here?! I SHALL PROVIDE!

http://satwcomic.com/

the country comic with america wearing canada as a hat. you cna find love and tentacles in there [that part is NSFW]

http://humon.deviantart.com/gallery/9478119

the deviation page for love and tentacles NSFW

also an example page [nsfw! toplessness! Sorta. ]

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/ ... _humon.jpg
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Yeah... SATW... sort of accurate, but as far as I know, the looks of the characters are way off being normal for the countries. Their personalities, though... that's another story. Read it and know how I feel most of the time. B-) ;)
The iceman cometh

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

@Iceman: Oh, so it's true all icelanders obsessively collects penises! :)) :p
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Oh... that one... the collection was recently made perfect, as the old man that had promised his penis to the museum finally died. He had promised to donate some thirty years ago.
And no, not all of us have their own collection, but none of us has any adversion to them.
The iceman cometh

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Iceman wrote:Yeah... SATW... sort of accurate, but as far as I know, the looks of the characters are way off being normal for the countries. Their personalities, though... that's another story. Read it and know how I feel most of the time. B-) ;)
the author adressed that way in the beginning when he started. Mentioned the personalities thing and said the looks are the most base and common stereotypes of the countries from the point of view of the other countries.

AND are you saying that sister sweden isnt representative of swedish women D: why would you say that /chandler
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?