The Church Of Comic Books

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Re: The Church Of Comic Books

Post by Swayambhu »

^ lol yes~

I wish I had a pair of Spider shades, but apparently they're stupidly expensive, unless you make 'em yourself.

in the meantime, last page I'll post in hopes of convincing some of you folks here to give it a read:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/S ... stmas8.jpg
ImageImage

Yen sid

Post by Yen sid »

I need a copy of Fallout: All roads.

That, and I STILL gotta get a copy of the boys, I meant...DA BOYZ.
"Curse you, Teen Titans!" Impulse/Bart Allen

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Just ordered the first four volumes of the Secret Six.

Can't wait until they get here. :D
Start running.

Please?

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Just looking at The Dark Knight Returns again. You know, you can criticize Frank Miller in general, probably rightly so, but this is still a true classic and milestone in comic literature. His use of atmosphere and such, especially in the heatwave/coming storm background in book one, was very compelling. That said, while I've never actually read the sequel, from what I've heard, I'm not that interested either.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

TakerFoxx wrote:Just ordered the first four volumes of the Secret Six.
Oh, are you in for a treat. (Or, if they've already arrived, you have received a treat.) That book is so damn good. (Then again, Gail Simone owns my freakin' soul.)

And, for once, the writer beat fandom to an awesome crack 'ship. (Not gonna say which...it's past where those collections make it to, I think - which 4 do you have?)
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Looking back through the thread, I saw some comments about what happened to Barbara Gordon in The Killing Joke, and I remember reading somewhere that Moore claims that he had intended on this being an 'Elseworlds' type story, but the folks at DC insisted in making this part of the main continuity. That said, I am glad that John Ostrander gave her a new role, and while part of me would be quite happy to see her 'cured', part of me is glad they kept her status constant. Of course, part of that is tempered by the fact that Bruce had his back shattered and repaired in the time since she was crippled, but he's a star... :-w

In other directions:

Are there many fans of Adam Warren out there on the board? I am actively buying volumes of Empowered as they come out, and I loved his earlier stuff with The Dirty Pair, Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal and the side stories he did for Gen13. His Elsworlds installment of The Teen Titans: Rock, Paper, Scissors I thought was a great deconstruction of the the superhero mythos.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Not sure if it should be here, given that they're technically graphic novels...

But Persepolis and Sunny Side Down by Lev Yilmav(from Tales of Mere Existence) got here these days.
Needless to say, I now has a sad.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Nice to see my little comic book thread is still going strong at 8 pages. I KNEW it was a good idea. :-? (Shaun toasting with the coffee cup in Shaun Of The Dead)

That said. If you get a chance, pick up Steel #1 (Reign Of Doomsday). I was so pleased by this book that I actually wrote a letter to DC Comics expressing my sadness that it was a oneshot and Steel wasn't actually getting his own book again. (True story...)
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Adam Warren's Empowered discusses the new Wonder Woman TV pilot:

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

A colleague at earth, i mean work..., lent me his new hard back copy of Superman Earth one [#1]. AND DAMN IS IT GOOD.

ive not read actual physical comics for ages but i really loved this one.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Yen sid

Post by Yen sid »

Ultimate Spider-man is dead.

Long Live Peter Parker. :((
"Curse you, Teen Titans!" Impulse/Bart Allen

mendis12

Best wolverine comic book series?

Post by mendis12 »

ive heard of wolverine origins, wolverine weapon x, and wolverine first class... i want to start reading a wolverine comic but lookin for some opinions on which one to get first.

Merged into appropriate thread. Furthermore, spam links removed from post - consider yourself warned, do not do that again. The DAMNed

mendis12

Are these good comic book characters?

Post by mendis12 »

Okay first off it is for an art project at school it is due before the end of the semester

here are the characters i have so far

Gladiator-an archaeologist and roman historian/weapons expert was on an archaeological
hunt where he found a sword and shield in a roman temple he tried to pick them up but they weighed a ton then he stumbled on a helmet the helmet of mars(made up) when he put it on he became incredibly strong and agile and the sword and shield were weightless

Merged into appropriate thread. Furthermore, spam links removed from post - consider yourself warned, do not do that again. The DAMNed

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxeGFM0S6zE

It is impossible for me to love this any more than I do.

:ymdevil:

Synopsis: When zombies attack Riverdale on Halloween, Sabrina The Teenage Witch messes up a protection spell...and summons KISS to fight the zombie horde!

Awesome. I've been a KISS fan since I was 14 and this slays.
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.