Re: 26-01-11 going through a phase

Post by TakerFoxx »

Two pages in, and already people are taking a silly joke way too seriously. :|
Start running.

Please?

annearchal

Post by annearchal »

You wouldn't say that if you actually had to face a similar kind of prejudice on a regular basis.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Thor

Post by Thor »

TakerFoxx wrote:Two pages in, and already people are taking a silly joke way too seriously. :|
Oh noes! People are discussing the comic in the comic's discussion forum! The horror!
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Maria is hot ... at first I thought she is wearing only an apron. :ymblushing:

The bat symbol is nice detail.
TakerFoxx wrote:Two pages in, and already people are taking a silly joke way too seriously. :|
With almost thousand posts under your belt, I would expect you to be more used to things turning this way...
Last edited by uzivatel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

yiraheerai wrote:...Until someone dropped a ferret on my face :|
Yah, vell, that's the patented method, you know?

:)) :)) :))

Soooo, Maria i the last panel looks like avvy material to me! :x

Also, that seems to have been a darn short night! I at least had the impression not much time passed between them going to bed and Layla pouncing on Brooke to drink from here. And they've been up since.

Also, it seems not one comic can pass without someone being offended by a line or a deed that the majority just finds funny... >_>
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

if Mrs delacroix is calling it a phase, judging from her reactions, she's still in it >w>, so its not so much a phase as a state of being anyway XD

Mrs Delacroix is not crushing the spirit of who her children are anyway with the phrase. The words are there but the context and meaning and essence is absolutely different. Specially given that its coming from someone who's "phase" has obviously never passed.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

theodoric476

Post by theodoric476 »

annearchal wrote:
You wouldn't say that if you actually had to face a similar kind of prejudice on a regular basis.
I did not know tht there was that much of a predjudice against nieve fourteen year old girls who have an over protective older sisters and friends?
Thor wrote:Oh noes! People are discussing the comic in the comic's discussion forum! The horror!
I think you just proved annearchal's point.
Birds of a feather flock together,
And so will pigs and swine;
Rats and mice will have their choice,
And so will I have mine. Nursery Rhyme

I may disagree with you but I am pretty sure you are not a NAZI Jon Steward/ The Daily Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiGmgqW6ES8 State Rep. Maureen Walsh (WA. 16th district. R)

We have no enemies, only opponents Ronald Reagan

What luck that men do not think. Adolf Hitler

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Personally, given the other materials produced by the creative team, I think it's safe to say that no matter how the statement could be taken, it doesn't reflect any lack of acceptance on the part of the writers.

You know, I like the expression on Layla's face in panel 3 (pre-"Oh No, Mom!"). She can be quite lovely when she isn't trying to be the alpha vamp.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Lindadori

Post by Lindadori »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:...I guess this isn't an "all vampires are bi" universe, then... (where did that start, actually? Seems kinda random...)
Since Carmilla, I think...

By the way, Maria should be proud of her daughter: if she hadn't walked in, Layla would have... well, eaten a Succubus and a Melusine on the same night. Guess you never did this, Vamp Mom!
By the way, the "it's just a phase" cliché hasn't bothered me, coming from such a charming (and a little airheaded) character. Besides, it seems that, in her case, the cliché matches her real (ok, fictionally real) past, so it actually doesn't bother me and the delighted way she remembers it gained her all my forgiveness (oh, Maria, Maria, maybe it's not just a phase).
And, since we're speaking of personal experiences, I can say that, when I was younger, every single time I came out to a friend of mine, I had to hear this f***ing sentence (and they thought they were comforting me), and the same cliché coming from a conceited and crypto-homophobic terapist I was sent to, yes, it really made me furious too. That's why I fully understand everyone getting pissed off by the prejudice this strip recalls.
But still, this is a comic and we owe the girls' hilariuos set of expression in last panel to Maria's cliché younger years, so I won't complain.
So no kiss :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( And "That will be for some other (time)"???? THAT'S TEASING, you meanies!!!!
Ah, Italy enslaved, abode of misery,/ pilotless ship in a fierce tempest tossed,/ no mistress over provinces but a harlot! (Dante)

someone

Post by someone »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:...I guess this isn't an "all vampires are bi" universe, then... (where did that start, actually? Seems kinda random...)
In the Vampire RPG (at least VtM, haven't looked at the NWOD), it's explained that all the pleasures of life are lost to a vampire. Sex, food, rest, exercise... Anything that used to make you start pumping endorphins no longer works because, well, you're dead after all. But it's all eclipsed by the sheer ecstasy of drinking blood. In a universe with these assumptions, it would make sense that vampires become bi, as sexuality becomes devoid of personal meaning for them, just an elaborate bait to catch potential preys.

The EC vampires are obviously completely different from VtM vampires, of course. Since after all they are born as vampires rather than transformed, which makes them a weird human species rather than undead.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Seems like Troika has taken some liberties with the setting in Bloodlines.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

edit: I bolded and underlined some parts of the quote to make it clear, which post (or rather which part of it) I replied to and you remove it just like that ... damn you, mod, DAMN you.
Last edited by uzivatel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:And why the hell have this conversation in front of Chloe and Nina?
As if they knew they'd be in the hallway already...
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

Cassius_Draken

Post by Cassius_Draken »

Maria - *¬*
Chloe - :/
Layla - :O
Brooke - :S
Nina - :D
:)) :)) :))

Thor

Post by Thor »

someone wrote:Sex, food, rest, exercise... Anything that used to make you start pumping endorphins no longer works because, well, you're dead after all.
If you squint too much at any system for the supernatural, it all starts falling apart because of its assumptions and contradictions.

Like the above, for example. Soooo, endorphins no longer work, because you're dead? What about nerve conduction? Since that's another thing that only works when you are alive, do vampires also have no sensory input, including touch, hearing, and sight? No way to tell your muscles what to do either, assuming that your brain was working, which it isn't, because your dead.

The best thing to do as a reader when you are dealing with fantasy elements in a story is to not look too closely and accept that whatever the author says works, works. Save your analysis for things that are a little more familiar, like motivations, interpersonal relationships, and spelling errors. ;)
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

verityheld

Post by verityheld »

Historical note= all the Beatles DVDs and concert films were proving rather embarrassing to plenty of moms in the UK= because their teenage daughters noticed them as teens screaming at the concerts and made sure to mention it to their moms! Bringing up the past can be rather eventful!