Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

16-12-10 girly colors

Post by Giz »

vince3

Re: 16-12-10 girly colors

Post by vince3 »

... and now the search can begin... and maybe the repair job, too?

zoom

Post by zoom »

So, Zii will go through hell trying to replace or repair the toy before Gary can find out. It'll be funny if she gets put though all that angst, then Gary comes home and doesn't even notice, since he's on a cloud after a nice little date with Yuki.
SIG229

negzee

Post by negzee »

Flip-out breast implants. Okay, Zii. XD

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Funny how Aaron recognized him, then didn't even bother to ask her if she maybe just took him apart.

Zii and Didi not knowing Transformers, it's understandable that they'd think they broke him. Aaron freaking out without even confirming whether they accidentally started the transformation procedure....that's actual dumbness.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

cursormortis

Post by cursormortis »

Not necessarily. It's likely he either assumes they know it can be taken apart properly ( which is a bit dumb, but the guy's a career nerd; he probly assumes everyone knows how Transformers work) or he figures that if they were dumb enough to play with Gary's Trasformers, they were also likely inept enough to actually damage one. Besides, it's not like he's working off a tech support manual.

Caswaltz

Post by Caswaltz »

Kamino Neko wrote:Funny how Aaron recognized him, then didn't even bother to ask her if she maybe just took him apart.

Zii and Didi not knowing Transformers, it's understandable that they'd think they broke him. Aaron freaking out without even confirming that they accidentally started the transformation procedure....that's actual dumbness.
That may be more due to just auto-geek freakout of the idea.

I remember when I saw "Angels and Demons" and saw that the girl ripped a page out of that book. #-o That just got to me that she would harm a priceless tome.

PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

Not the Overlord!

Falos

Post by Falos »

I was kinda late to the 80s, I feel bad for not knowing more about this Overlord.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

cursormortis wrote:Not necessarily. It's likely he either assumes they know it can be taken apart properly
Yeah, I'm sorry - that is kind of my definition of 'dumb'. She called the engines 'breast implants'. She certainly didn't transform him into bot mode, and clearly has no idea what she's handling.

Assuming that she could have mishandled him and thus broke him is one thing - and a good plan, really - but assuming the worst when there's a not-so-worst possibility that you don't even bother eliminating is really kinda dumb.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

I can relate to that. If someone told me they accidentally put someone's black lotus in the washer, I probably wouldn't be thinking about whether or not it was a real black lotus. I would probably be freaking out about it. Not that I know very many people who own black lotus cards (I only know one person and they are not the kind of person to put cards in a washer).
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

This will not end well for anyone but the audience. I like Zii's expression in the last panel.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Yen sid

Post by Yen sid »

...This is gonna suck trope AHOY!
"Curse you, Teen Titans!" Impulse/Bart Allen

cursormortis

Post by cursormortis »

Kamino Neko wrote:
cursormortis wrote:Not necessarily. It's likely he either assumes they know it can be taken apart properly
Yeah, I'm sorry - that is kind of my definition of 'dumb'. She called the engines 'breast implants'. She certainly didn't transform him into bot mode, and clearly has no idea what she's handling.

Assuming that she could have mishandled him and thus broke him is one thing - and a good plan, really - but assuming the worst when there's a not-so-worst possibility that you don't even bother eliminating is really kinda dumb.
Ok, I'll admit I have just about no knowledge of G1 Transformers. Is it possible that Overlord was designed so that it should be rather obvious that he's meant to come apart like he did? Because if so, an assumption such as I described would definitely be less dumb than you're implying. And again, remember that he's probly not used to having to dumb things down like this. I'd guess most, if not all, or his Transformers-related conversation is with other Transformers uber-geeks. It'd be like a computer whiz dealing with other computer whizzes exclusively, and then being asked to fix Joe Averages' computer over the phone. It might be possible that Joe's problem is just that he forgot to plug in the mouse, but Computer Whiz Man is so used to messing with the complicated problems, that's what he goes for first. Or, to put it yet another way, it's like how someone gets so used to calculus and upper maths that they stare at a simple multiplication problem, completely confused.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Cursormortis: It's like being given a fork after years of eating with chopsticks.

"So.. I just... stab... and... :-\ " (This actually has happened to a friend of mine who lived in Japan for a year. Came back and had this exact problem.)

I thought his reaction was pretty normal, but then again I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, so I'm prone to panic and anxiety attacks on a frequent basis. Panic can really mess with your ability to think logically. I bet that, if they didn't actually break it, the girls could put it back together pretty easily if they weren't so afraid of causing more damage.

As for what Aaron thought, aside from the panic, even if you don't know what something is you can usually tell if you've broken it. Again, that's where panic clouds things.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins