Virus invades Pixie Trix!

Down below, where the dead threads go.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Snowfoxx

Virus invades Pixie Trix!

Post by Snowfoxx »

Guys, you'd best check your adverts. My husband was reading Menage a 3 today, and he got hit by a malware virus. Luckily the A-Virus software caught it, but this is the time of year when viruses can infect the Net like crazy. Hope you can clean the site up (no pun intended) before this bug goes wild.

the virus came from here : lenovosecurity71.cn it's called Anti-spy Live Scan
Last edited by Snowfoxx on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have.

Otaku201
BANNED

Re: Virus invades Pixie Trix!

Post by Otaku201 »

I had the same thing happen to me last night. School Bites turned into a virus download page.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Its the add providers not bothering to check their adds properly before adding them to the chain. I'll get Giz to pass it onto the keenspot techs so that they can hopefully get the affected adds removed.

Java
Glazed and Confused

Post by Java »

Ick, that's awful. Be sure to let us know when/if the problem gets taken care of. I usually don't have a problem with viruses since I have a Mac, but better safe than sorry!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Welcome to GD, Snowfoxx!!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Hm, we get such a thread every few months, it seems.

Anyhoo, a good way not to get molested by these things is... AdBlock!!! *runs and hides*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Is it just on the actual comic pages people have been getting this, or in the forum too?

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

I haven't had any problems on the forum,just the comics.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Yeah... its one of the pay-ad providers then not doing their job properly.

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

glad I found this thread. I got hit by it when I was catching up on Candi.
Tried to pretend to be windows firewall. Lucky I'm not stupid enough to think
my IP address is located in the next town over.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

Yup, it just tried to get me too.

I've been working on computers since 1983. It's going to take way more than that to fool me.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I wish it wasn't so necessary to start a melodramatic thread every time a dodgy ad appears. Surely a note in the suggestions thread would be sufficient, or a quiet word to a mod who can then give us a little notice about it so that no-one goes accidentally offending/accusing anyone by accident.

I mean, it's not a virus, it's not invading, and it's not pixietrix. It's a shitty ad on keenspot. Why does everything need to be a drama?
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

Because drama is fun.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Fun for some, tiresome for others.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I wasn't trying to create drama, I was just trying to put in a warning. Definitely wasn't a dodgy add, was a full on program trying to convince me that it was windows firewall trying to "update" some files. I didn't really know there was a protocol for reporting this stuff.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I wasn't really complaining about you, Joe...it's natural to comment on a thread if you've got something to ad to it, and it's probably best if these things all go into the same spot...I suppose I was just in a grouchy mood and decided to take it out on the thread. Sorry.