Ask Bear.

Down below, where the dead threads go.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Re: Ask Bear.

Post by Paul »

How about a US hockey team in Boston calling itself the Bruins? Do you even like the term "Bruin?"

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Nothing wrong with being called the bruins if they get the brews in... *Kodiak Band drum riff* Da-dum-ching!

Paul

Post by Paul »

Oh Great Beary One, what is your opinion of Gentle Ben?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Bear... how do bears feel that one of the primary characters of the original Star Wars films, Chewbacca, is primarily voiced by a mixture of bear growls but is instead played by a human actor?
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Having never seen it here in the tea-drinking brick caves of England, I can't really voice a comment. My advisors assure me though that it needed much, much , much more mauling.. especially when the production team got too near the food table.

We bears are proud of Peter Mayhew in that he wanted to do the most authentic beary representation of the character despite the poor script writing he was given. We acknowledge the the human vocal chords can't possibly come close to the magnificence of bear biology so, due to his overall hugeness and ammount of hair, we'll reguard him as an honourary kodiak... at least when he eats a few more cave piggies and bulks up a bit... damn twigglet.

Paul

Post by Paul »

Oh One-Year-Older Beary-Mod, what do you think of a Chicago baseball team, with an over 100-year stretch since they have won a championship, nicknamed the Cubs?

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed »

Bear,what do you think of the character named Bear from .hack//SIGN having your namesake and did you ever watch/like the anime?
ImageThis signature is very pointless for you to be looking at.Image

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

With a nickname like the cubs what do you expect? Can't expect cubs to be able to win anything. they're too small and puny.... Now.. rename yourself the Kodiaks and you'll be winning it every year for the next 100 :ymdevil:

Given I've never seen the series, I can't comment. Wear some more cloths though damnit!

Paul

Post by Paul »

Oh Great Beary-Mod, what is your position on bears trained to ride unicycles for circus events?

In addition, why didn't the other bears help out the one bear tricked by a human (!) into surrendering its salmon meal?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

the other bears probably wont in aggro range.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I believe my possition is pointed out by the sudden decline of said acts, and said act trainers retiring due to limbs having been forceably removed. *nods sagely*

And we bears enjoy a good laugh as much as anyone else and we wanted to see if comedy fighting principles could be effectively applied to bears. They couldn't... what the film didn't go on to show was 5 seconds later, was the bear swat teams decent on the guy, then his being forced to fish while the bears sat back and watched.

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed »

Bear,how do you feel about Hollywood remaking so many of the old cartoons we grew up watching into more mature movies? Also in comparison,how do you about many of the videogames and anime we love being turned into western c-movie bullshitake (ie The Dragonball movie,DOA,and more recently The King of Fighters)?
ImageThis signature is very pointless for you to be looking at.Image

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I think I have one that lives up to my Evil reputation. ;) Bear, what's better -
Didi wearing a bear costume? Or Didi bare, wearing no costume?

:ymdevil:
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'm in two minds about remakes... Some, are Awesome... Ie. Incredible Hulk is 100x better then Hulk, New Batman movies 100X better then the old. I guess actually, I prefer most reboots. Some cartoons are better redone... Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is better then the origional series for instance... Most however, suck out loud so hard, the resultant black hole should swallow up the morons who throught to desecrate the genre and our memories of our beloved series, and have them remain concious as they are stretched out, ripped appart, then compressed down into the size of a pin head.

*ponders* I'll have to go with DiDi in the bear costume. That goes with the awesomeness of being a bear, plus, the enjoyment of the striptease in removing of said costume ;)

Paul

Post by Paul »

Oh Great Beary-Mod, why do Kodiak bears allow their image to used on a smokeless tobacco label? Not only Kodiaks, but Grizzlies also?