R.I.P Sci Fi

Down below, where the dead threads go.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

tzoram

R.I.P Sci Fi

Post by tzoram »

In memorium of the Sci Fi channel, I sent the following letter off to Syfy:

To whom it may concern,

I've been very excited to watch your new new show Warehouse 13. The Sci Fi channel, however, has gone missing. In its place is Syfy, a channel with a less geeky name. I feel better already, and far more willing to discuss your programming with my colleagues over a beer. Tell me, did you fire every geek who thought this was a bad idea? That's great! Thank you for being ashamed of your core audience and pandering to the wider population. Honestly, it's about time your executives started thinking about the bottom line.

I fully expect to see subtle changes in your programming in the days to come, too. I suggest you start by throwing in a little CSI sometime soon. After all, some of their science is clearly fictional. From there, it's all down hill, easy-peasy. Just gradually keep adding courtroom dramas, cop shows, blockbuster movies from twenty years ago, and maybe even a dash of reality tv. You'll be a respectable channel in no time. Of course, you'll have more channels to compete with in this new genre, but I'm sure you'll find a way to distinguish yourselves.

Finally, with your metamorphosis complete, ala Mtv, another name change will be in order. I believe you should call yourselves the FUBAR channel.

Thank you so much for your time and obvious consideration for us average joes.

Ever so sincerely,

(Tzoram)

Hope you guys enjoyed it. :)

thaldin

Re: R.I.P Sci Fi

Post by thaldin »

I forgot they were doing this...

Yeah what a stupid name change.

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

It's to keep in with the retard young collective. That's how they'd say it

Shit witchblade's now showing on movies24

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Sci-Fi to Syfy?? How are you meant to pronounce that? Siffy? It suddenly sounds like some sort of sexually transmitted disease to my ears now...

Their geek advisor must be the 'nerd' equivilent of George Bush...

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

It's still prounced Sci-Fi...

I read their reasons... they want to trademark it and Sci-Fi is too generic

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Even ScyFy is better then Syfy though...

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Well, the channel is known in the US as Skiffy, when you are talking about it in not-so-nice terms. Like the decision to cancel StarGate:Atlantis . Or move certain programming from popular spots to obscure ones.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

SyFy-lis.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed »

@Lili-LMFAO =))
I heard about the name change a few months ago,and was like "WTF no".Everything tzoram said in his letter is pretty much dead-on to what G4 has become,and it's probably not far from how SyFy-lis will end up.
ImageThis signature is very pointless for you to be looking at.Image

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

The Sci-Fi channel was officially dead to me once they started airing pro wrestling. Don't get me wrong, I love pro wrestling, but it just doesn't belong on the Sci-Fi channel. Much like Cops doesn't belong on G4. Although, it is a pod people/zombie mockery of the original ECW, so it's got that going, I guess.

tzoram

Post by tzoram »

JMac85, can you imagine the Sci Fi executives' meeting about that one? "Hey, that kind of wrestling is clearly fiction. AND steroids come from science! Yay us!" X(