For Mother's Day, the best and worst comic book moms

Down below, where the dead threads go.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

For Mother's Day, the best and worst comic book moms

Post by Kamino Neko »

As per Newsarama.

I don't have any real beef with the Best list, but the Worst list is an absolute mess.

Catwoman and Black Canary for giving their kids up to save their lives? I suppose putting their own wants before the survival of their daughters would be a good thing...

The Alien Queen, because her species has a screwed up life cycle? Hell, the Queen's actually a good mom, given what the Xenomorphs do...She makes sure they have plenty to spawn out of and eat...

Martha Wayne because 6 year old Bruce couldn't deal with Thomas and Martha's murder very well? Not only is she there for that, she's the THIRD WORST (behind only a crazy woman who attempted genocide when she found out her kids didn't really exist, and a psychopath who is currently trying to murder her son)?
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Bear
BANNED

Re: For Mother's Day, the best and worst comic book moms

Post by Bear »

Well I pretty much disagree with both lists there as I can point out some glaring ommissions and facts that actually some of the good mothers were bloody terrible and vise versa.

But I'm too lazy to do that right now...

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

Kamino Neko wrote:Martha Wayne because 6 year old Bruce couldn't deal with Thomas and Martha's murder very well? Not only is she there for that, she's the THIRD WORST (behind only a crazy woman who attempted genocide when she found out her kids didn't really exist, and a psychopath who is currently trying to murder her son)?
Mama Wayne doesn't belong on there. No amount of coping skills is going to help if you see someone you love murdered right in front of you.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Exactly - and, even if you somehow think Martha could have - and should have - taught Bruce to deal better...is not expecting someone to murder you in front of your kid before his seventh birthday REALLY worse than being actively mentally and physically abusive? (See #4.)
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

not well thought through and not broad enough.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?