2009 Trek Across Maine

Down below, where the dead threads go.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

2009 Trek Across Maine

Post by midgetshrimp »

Your resident Pirate Jesus here, readying himself for his second grueling Trek Across Maine. What is this, you ask? The Trek is an annual three day 180 mile bike marathon sponsored by the American Lung Association of Maine (ALAME). Riders collect pledges, money raised to promote clean air and education in regards to lung health, smoking, and respiratory diseases. My mother smokes, which explains why none of her children do. :p .

I'm part of a team with my friends Sarah and her sister Crystal, along with their parents. This is also Sarah's second Trek, though it should have been her third, but a near fatal car accident kept her from participating two years ago. Our team is called The Aviators, and we're all riding wearing Aviator sunglasses. Because we're cool like that. B-)

Here's the online pledges page: My personal fundraising page

I was going to match all pledges until they reached $500, but I hit a bit of a financial speed bump with classes, so unfortunately I can't. But please, donations of any denomination are welcome, be it one dollar or one hundred. Thank you for supporting the cause for a healthier environment.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Re: 2009 Trek Across Maine

Post by midgetshrimp »

*bump*

If you donate, you'll get to see pictures of me in my tight spandex biker shorts! :-o [/bribe]

Or, if you don't, you'll be -forced- to see me in biker shorts. :ymdevil: [/threat]

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Stupid donor page wont let me contribute! I cant enter my real address because it's in Canada, and the authorization for MasterCard needs the proper values. I'll send you $20 when I get an addy.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

It cares where you live? Weird...

Thank you though! :D