Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2018-08-17 Flight to Paris

Post by Eisu »

KittyHat

Re: 2018-08-17 Flight to Paris

Post by KittyHat »

This is almost looking too good to be true now. I'm beginning to wonder if it is a dream sequence.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

And this reminded me of what Zoe said to Sandra some time ago:

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... _be_lonely

Sandra really got the hunger.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Yeah, I'm now thinking dream sequence too. Or maybe a very rushed finale for the comic. Either way it's disappointing.

nottere

Post by nottere »

My gut is saying rushed finale to the comic, though it makes me sad. This has been my favorite webcomic in Pixie Trix's arsenal for awhile now. :(

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Well, remember, this is an extended volume, with so far 11 additional strips. How many are left? I don't think 4 (for a 15 total) is the number, I think at least 14 more for 25 total.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

brasca

Post by brasca »

And maybe in the next strip we’ll find out what everyone else is up to. My theory is Zoe told Cami, Lavali, Alex, and Marie that Sandra was on a special top secret assignment and couldn’t be disturbed.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

nottere wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:18 am
My gut is saying rushed finale to the comic, though it makes me sad. This has been my favorite webcomic in Pixie Trix's arsenal for awhile now. :(
In the ME3 universe, I have to agree. This is my favorite. Don't want it to end!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, it looks like we might get some actual dialogue soon. Which would be nice. I mean, this extended montage has been perfectly well done, no complaints, but I'm a talky sort of guy who likes his speech balloons.

And Sandra has suddenly turned remarkably competent -- not just modelling, but also landing an acting role that doesn't appear to be complete junk. Whether or not this it's a dream sequence, it looks a lot like wish fulfillment. And yes, if it's a wrap sequence for the comic, the way that all the other sub-plots have been swept aside will be just plain annoying.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I'm just wondering if when she's actually in Paris Sandra will suddenly recover the memories that will allow her to track down people she was friends for months with.

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

samtheman wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:35 am
Yeah, I'm now thinking dream sequence too. Or maybe a very rushed finale for the comic. Either way it's disappointing.
I don't know. I was kinda disappointed before because too many things were taking too long and going nowhere. A rushed ending might be just what the comic needs.
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

All I hope is that we get to see what comeuppance Eva and Eloise will get for the things they pulled, if this really isn't a dream sequence, which seems to be all but impossible now.

RemoWilliams

Post by RemoWilliams »

Sandra's success doesn't feel too rushed to me.

Or rather, to better rephrase it, it isn't as unrealistic as some of the other stuff that's happened in the comic.

You got to remember that: A) Sandra had months of training and experience with the modeling world.

B) She can put that down on her resume and that's a serious foot in the door.

C) She mostly acts like a nutjob when she drinks. In the past, when she takes things seriously and stays sober, she's shown competency.

D) The montage shows her panicking during her first acting job. So, it's not "Everything perfect."

Remo Williams,
The Master of Sinanju.

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

Oh, her success itself isn't rushed. She is absolutely trained, experienced and competent enough to succeed (as long as she stays sober). It's just that the storytelling feels rushed, like they want to end this comic fast.
Funny, this sequence is exactly what I wanted for that comic, only with dialogues and story. We wasted too much time on various shenanigans that led nowhere.
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Well...

Looking at what happened in the montage, I can kinda understand why they did it that way. In the end, Sandra is back in Paris. If she’s going through a loop to get right back where she started, there’s no real point in dragging that out.

Having said that, if the goal was to get back to Paris... I mean, how much cash does one need to charter a one-way flight? I realize air fare is expensive, but come on! Does one need a movie deal to afford this?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling