Post by Eisu »

RConrad

Re: 2018-08-14 Expansion Pack

Post by RConrad »

And it looks like Sandra's back on top! :D

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Loving these developments! Can we get some music for this montage?

Khazuki

Post by Khazuki »

Congratulations Sandra.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

I'm not sure what Zoé and to a lesser extent Domenico (Tatiana doesn't count, because all she cared about was spiting Sandra) were trying to prove, but unless it's going to be revealed that they're somehow pulling the strings to make all of this happen, it seems that what they've successfully proven is that Sandra was right: she doesn't need them, and they were actually even holding her back!

Despite the fact that Sandra created many of her own problems, that would make a lot of sense really. Remember, it was she who, all by herself and by not following the rules, sparked her own breakaway success. Zoé and Domenico never did anything to make Sandra big; all they ever really did was introduce her to the basics of modeling. Now she knows those basics. What does she need them for now?

I kind of hope I'm right and that she's done with those loonies. Zoé may know the industry, but she knows f*** all about leadership. Meanwhile, Domenico is a flake, and Tatiana is actively malevolent. That's even before getting into the rest of them.

Be your own woman, Sandra! (And also, maybe consider attending some AA meetings ...)

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

The lack of text makes me think this is just a dream Sandra is having after an exhausting labor day...

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

LarsenSan wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:42 pm
The lack of text makes me think this is just a dream Sandra is having after an exhausting labor day...
That'd certainly be cruel.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Amazing. Nobody has yet demanded that this should be the start of a 50-strip epic about Gary.

Cue that in 3... 2... 1...
christopheftw wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:43 pm
Loving these developments! Can we get some music for this montage?
Well, there’s one obvious option.

The presence of Yvan should technically scotch the “all a dream” theory, given that Sandra doesn’t know him, but who knows?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Calaron

Post by Calaron »

I was thinking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaLegF2hAxI always makes for nice montage music, regardless of what is actually happening. It fits the upbeat tone of this sequence as well... for the most part.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

LarsenSan wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:42 pm
Or it's a montage.

brasca

Post by brasca »

The Carmen Chamelia expansion pack makes me think that her previous work with Dark Matter games was completed otherwise they'd be trying to track her down to finish all the screen captures especially if she was under contract. Even if Zoe cut her off from all Paris contacts she could've looked up Gary and at least get connected with Dark Matter games.
KittyHat wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:29 pm
I'm not sure what Zoé and to a lesser extent Domenico (Tatiana doesn't count, because all she cared about was spiting Sandra) were trying to prove, but unless it's going to be revealed that they're somehow pulling the strings to make all of this happen, it seems that what they've successfully proven is that Sandra was right: she doesn't need them, and they were actually even holding her back!

Despite the fact that Sandra created many of her own problems, that would make a lot of sense really. Remember, it was she who, all by herself and by not following the rules, sparked her own breakaway success. Zoé and Domenico never did anything to make Sandra big; all they ever really did was introduce her to the basics of modeling. Now she knows those basics. What does she need them for now?

I kind of hope I'm right and that she's done with those loonies. Zoé may know the industry, but she knows f*** all about leadership. Meanwhile, Domenico is a flake, and Tatiana is actively malevolent. That's even before getting into the rest of them.

Be your own woman, Sandra! (And also, maybe consider attending some AA meetings ...)

Let's not forget that if Domenico hadn't spotted her when he was there to do a photo shoot of Senna she would've remained her PA so his agency gave her the opportunity where she accidentally got the Carmen Chamelia gig. A lot of her career success is due to luck, but she evidently learned a lot working for them since she's been reasonably successful since waking up in Montreal. However, aside from another Carmen Chamelia contract she's at best a regional model and not in the same league with those of the Paris scene. Hopefully, Senna doesn't come back to Montreal for a visit because as successful as Sandra has been lately she's presumably lower than Senna unless her career has also hit a wall. Zoe may return to tell her she's proven that she has what it takes to be a model, but if she wants to get back into the top tier she'll have to sign with her, unless Eva poaches her first.

My only issue with Zoe is she took exception with what amounts to Sandra's private life problems. Zoe wanted her to take her career seriously and to an extent she was, but this falling out occurred because of her drunken antics and relationship drama. I don't recall her every lecturing her about not getting drunk and naked in a public place which by today's scandal standards isn't much.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well, look who showed up after nearly a year's absence from the canon, and that itself being a borderline cameo after more than two years' absence following his last strip-relevant appearance. I'm willing to bet a lot of us didn't expect that, or for him to portrayed in anything resembling a positive (?) light. But hey, here's Yvan of the Yukon anyway.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

KittyHat wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:29 pm
I'm not sure what Zoé and to a lesser extent Domenico (Tatiana doesn't count, because all she cared about was spiting Sandra) were trying to prove
I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I doubt their objective is: 'Go be successful without us. That'll show her!'

There's gotta be a catch somewhere.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

And now we get a Gary cameo. Now I'm hopeful for a Kiley cameo since she's probably not going to show up in Ma3 again. I'm more interested and engaged in this comic anyway.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:49 pm
The presence of Yvan should technically scotch the “all a dream” theory, given that Sandra doesn’t know him, but who knows?
Also Ruby.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling