2018-07-31 Back to...

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

rogermart

Re: 2018-07-31 Back to...

Post by rogermart »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:28 pm
If you were able to "luck" your way through life, you could easily become complacent and start to assume that things will simply work out for you, as they always have. And Sandra's been riding a wave of good fortune ever since she wound up in Brazil. So it isn't hard to see why Domenico's giving her a reality check, the same way Cerise tried to do with Mel. The difference being, Cerise was motivated by jealousy whereas Domenico seems to be doing it for Sandra's own good.

It's possible that he may have gone through the same thing with Zoé. I won't be surprised if it turns out that she was the reason he came up with 37-B in the first place.
I can see that, if he applied 37-B on her, that might have helped her professionally but since then she couldn't trust her husband, hence the divorce.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

She seems to trust him enough professionally though.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

Gotoh wrote:
Is it just me, or is Eisu's art better than usual in today's strip? Particularly the detail in Sandra's facial expressions and the background. This may be personal favorite from a purely aesthetic standpoint.
It's starting to look more like his original style for this strip. Although I have never disliked the new style, I did like the original better.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

rogermart wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:52 pm
I can see that, if he applied 37-B on her, that might have helped her professionally but since then she couldn't trust her husband, hence the divorce.
It practically writes itself, doesn't it? :)

It's conjecture at this point, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened that way. If it did, the experience may have worked to Zoé's benefit, but it'd still be a d!ck move on Domenico's part. But then, there are times one must be cruel to be kind.

It seems Domenico may not be a total flake after all and, if so, it'd further cement him as my favorite character in SotR.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

This better not be how Sandra's comic ends. What about the job she had at the video game studio? Don't they have a branch in Montreal where Gary got his job as an artist?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

She needs to think of going there and knocking on their door, though, and while Sandra possesses some likeable qualities, she can be a bit... dim about things.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

samtheman wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:37 pm
This better not be how Sandra's comic ends. What about the job she had at the video game studio? Don't they have a branch in Montreal where Gary got his job as an artist?
It wouldn't do her any good since all her employee information, etc. is back in Paris. Plus, Zoé acted as her agent to setup the mo-cap gig with DM Games. So, depending on how far the agency's taking this, they might not vouch for Sandra even if she tried getting in touch with DM's Montreal branch.

Her only hope would be Gary, except he's a new employee at DM himself, so there probably isn't much he could do for her either. :-??

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:50 pm
This is depressing.

Though i am surprised the restaurant would take her back. She never officially quit last time, she just disappeared last time.
A good waitress (I don't recall it being shown she was a bad waitress) who's also pretty (though not as pretty as Didi it would seem)? Believe me, they'd take her back.

I know a business owner who said, "When it comes to hiring people I don't know, I can't tell who will be the better worker just from an interview, but what I can tell, is that a pretty girl will bring in more business than an ugly one."

That is why Sandra would get the job back.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Derfman wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:31 pm
Gotoh wrote:
Is it just me, or is Eisu's art better than usual in today's strip? Particularly the detail in Sandra's facial expressions and the background. This may be personal favorite from a purely aesthetic standpoint.
It's starting to look more like his original style for this strip. Although I have never disliked the new style, I did like the original better.
Click on the First button and see if this style is more like my "original" or not. If anything, this strip has more backgrounds drawn is the only similarity to my old drawing style and it's only because there's no dialogue so if I don't draw any background, it'd just look super empty. But This current strip and my old style is nothing alike in terms of the character drawing mainly cos I didn't even try to change my style with this strip.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

so, the strip is over?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:50 pm
This is depressing.

Though i am surprised the restaurant would take her back. She never officially quit last time, she just disappeared last time.
DiDi probably talked to the manager and the rest is history and perhaps Sandra picked up some of her shifts if she’s getting more involved in wrestling.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Lovely how you don't need to have spoken words to tell exactly what's going on - a downwards spiral into hellish despair. That last panel hits like a freight train to the gut.

Error 404 - Post not found.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

TheFoolishOne wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:06 am
so, the strip is over?
I would hope, when the comic is over, they'd give us a clear ending.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Sandra needs rehab badly. As long as she keeps drinking, this won't be the only time she completely screws up her life.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Milnoc wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:24 pm
Sandra needs rehab badly. As long as she keeps drinking, this won't be the only time she completely screws up her life.
This is still the Má3-verse. The chances of Sandra going to rehab are as likely as Yuki receiving proper psychiatric care.