2018-07-20 Contingency Plan 37-B

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

dmra

Re: 2018-07-20 Contingency Plan 37-B

Post by dmra »

Which is why I said Zoe's actions bordered on criminality. We didn't see her physically strip Lavali so it's almost possible she "persuaded" her to take her own clothes off in the same way as Zoe's force of personality made the paparazzi give up his camera. If actual violence had been involved then it would have been much worse.

But we did see that the stripping Lavali thing had consequences. Zoe bribed her with a makeover and a night out to stop it going any further. It's also a possible interpretation that she actually realised she'd done something impulsive and bad which she felt she needed to put right .

The difference between that and the chloroform bit is that the first was impulsive the second was clearly a premeditated course of action.

Which is bad enough but even worse, from the point of the story, is that it's hard to see where it goes from here and how it can be put right. Certainly not with a new frock and a night out

It's not as if the police are going to be called in so that's one sort of resolution out of the window. If Sandra forgets all about it then what does that say about her? I mean seriously what kind of moron would voluntarily work somewhere where office disputes are resolved using knock out drugs? And if Sandra still wants to go through with leaving (and who could blame her) the plan wouldn't even be effective.

So not only is it criminal (real world) and ridiculously melodramatic (comic world) it's guaranteed not to work in any world. Which means it shows the agency people as active and determined criminals which pretty much takes away any sympathy we're expected to have for them when thinking about the Eva plot it also shows then as stupid and petty which pretty much takes away any sympathy we're expected to have for them as characters.

Which might be your idea of good writing but it isn't mine. I could be wrong and the next strip could resolve all of this credibly in which case I'll freely admit my error but I'm doubting that is going to happen.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:24 am
Which is why I said Zoe's actions bordered on criminality. We didn't see her physically strip Lavali so it's almost possible she "persuaded" her to take her own clothes off
Nope. Zoé pulled Lavali through the car window and mugged her for her clothes. which is why Lavali said she should've pressed charges, but didn't to preserve good relations between Domenico's agency and DM Games.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fair enough and thanks.

I thought that was the most likely event but there was an element of ambiguity in the first strip since we didn't actually see Zoe taking Lavali's clothes off. I forgot that the second strip you linked to made it obvious.

But the point still stands that Zoe's action had consequences which she had to buy her way out of. I can't see her trying the same tactic after Sandra has been chloroformed without paying a much higher price. Which just underlines the stupidity and futility of contingency plan 37-B.

Roborat

Post by Roborat »

So, plan 37-B is to put a piece of bacon on her face?

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:56 pm
Nope. Zoé pulled Lavali through the car window and mugged her for her clothes.
She didn't pull her through the car window... the car door is opened.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Car door, car window, same difference. Either way, Zoe yanked her inside and mugged her for her clothes.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

It's not really the same difference, cos it hurts way more to be pulled through a cramped and smaller car window ^o^

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Yeah, being pulled in through the window would be far more uncomfortable.
TwoWayStar wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:22 am
Honestly tho, Eloise's plan is going SWIMMINGLY. The only mess up is the conversation between her and Pierre but beyond that her revenge plan is literally absolutely NAILING it!
She doesn't even know how well it worked yet. Though she owes a lot to Eva too.