2018-07-17 Happy about my posing nakies

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

RConrad

Re: 2018-07-17 Happy about my posing nakies

Post by RConrad »

Ah... the old 'act like a professional' card. Never gets old. Glad to see Domenico's somber expression in the last strip was only because he was saddened that Sandra was going to get punished. And severely, from the looks of it.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, Zoé in the first frame would make me think “I’m going to die... But at least it’s a really impressive way to go...” In what distant deeps or skies Burnt the fire of thine eyes? On what wings dare he aspire? What the hand, dare seize the fire?

And professionalism never gets old because unprofessionalism never stops being a pain in the arse for people trying to get work done.

I’m guessing that the game bloggers will have to save Sandra’s butt again. Somehow. Or Zoé will discover Eva’s interest in matters, and keep Sandra around out of spite.
Last edited by Spidrift on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

Funny how your effort to make Cammi jealous may destroy your career eh, Sandra?

Zoé on the last panel looks like she was wearing a facemask that doesn't cover forehead or something...?
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Zoé really doesn't have much room to criticise, seeing as she hasn't been all that "professional" herself. What ever happened to leading by way of example? Or is this one of those "do as I say, not as I do" type deals? :-\

Also, not surprised that Domenico doesn't have any issue with the photos since his aim was to get Sandra to shed her inhibitions for the camera. Now he just has to find a way to get her do it while she's sober.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Lmao. Poor Sandra. Hopefully Zoe won't punish her too severely.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Zoe did tell her she needed to act more professional after her failed interview.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:57 pm
Zoé really doesn't have much room to criticise, seeing as she hasn't been all that "professional" herself. What ever happened to leading by way of example? Or is this one of those "do as I say, not as I do" type deals? :-\

Also, not surprised that Domenico doesn't have any issue with the photos since his aim was to get Sandra to shed her inhibitions for the camera. Now he just has to find a way to get her do it while she's sober.
Zoe runs the modeling agency now. She doesn't have to behave herself because it's probably rare if she models. Sandra, however, is an up and coming model and really hasn't taken her career all that seriously. The fact that she calls it "posing nakies" makes her sound like a child.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:55 am
Zoe runs the modeling agency now. She doesn't have to behave herself because it's probably rare if she models.
It's Domenico's agency, not Zoé's. She works for him and so does Sandra.

That said, it's still hypocritical of her. It'd be like a parent chastising their child for smoking, while puffing on a smoke themselves.
Last edited by Gotoh on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I’m more interested in whether the story will ever go into the logic of Sandra trying to avoid this sort of stupidity. Because her actual problem is that she’s an uncontrollable piss artist. If Zoé is persuaded to keep her around, she ought to make a serious effort to keep Sandra off the booze — but then, that would invalidate the title of the comic.

Or perhaps the last strip will be Sandra’s first AA meeting.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

That would be some dark humour, Sandra having her first AA meeting, either in Paris or back in Montreal...

Ok, Domenico usually fights with Zoe when they disagree on something, and usually it leads to mindblowing sex-into-submission, so for Domenico to not fight this one must mean that he sorta-agrees with Zoe (or maybe they already had that fight and he lost).

BTW I never get tired of Zoe's expressions. She is just awesome.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

I see this as more of a "Play the good role at the beginning so you can do what you want later" kind of deal. Zoe says Sandra is at a fragile position in her career atm, as she still needs to establish herself. Meanwhile, Zoe, already having hit her peak, is much less concerned about her own image
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Frostbite wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:14 pm
Zoe says Sandra is at a fragile position in her career atm, as she still needs to establish herself. Meanwhile, Zoe, already having hit her peak, is much less concerned about her own image
If Zoé wasn't concerned about her own image, she wouldn't have forced that papparazo to fork over his film of her. Which then begs the question why she went outside naked in the first place? Cameras are everywhere these days (i.e. smartphones, tablets, store/ATM surveillance cameras, etc.). Even the PSP, VITA, and 3DS have camera functions.

Zoé can't have it both ways. If she feels it's unprofessional of Sandra to do it, or belives it could potentially harm her image, the same should apply to her as well.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Maybe the issue was the paparazzo didn’t ask permission.

The point is Zoe is an established giant in the modeling industry. If Sandra ever reaches that then she can do as she pleases, but she’s not and on the verge of becoming just another washup.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:13 pm
The point is Zoe is an established giant in the modeling industry.
Which is beside the pont that it's still hypocritical.

Dad: (smoking cigarette) "You know what these things'll do to you? They're habit forming and can give you lung cancer. That's why you shouldn't start. It's bad for you."

Son: "kay, so why's it okay for you then...?"

Dad: "'cuz I'm an adult. It's different when *I* do it." (blows smoke ring)

Son: /:)