Post by brasca »

Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:47 am
How about G.I. Joe's Baroness?
Tatiana is no Baroness :x

Error of Logic

Re: 2018-07-13 Got over my fear

Post by Error of Logic »

Agreed. Very much agreed. The Baroness wasn't shy about going after and keeping her man.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:03 am
I imagine that Tatiana is simply too essential to the agency to fire her for one failure to control a (*sigh* “clearly unmanageable”) asset. She seems to be the only person on the staff with administrative skills.
Agreed.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I doubt that. If she were the only administrator, she wouldn't have been sidelined to babysit a rookie model. ;)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Error of Logic: She's the only one we've seen manage the day-to-day affairs of the agency and she's the one who keeps Domenico on schedule.

Aside from her, all we have are Domenico himself (who admits to being a flake) and Zoé who mainly gets things done through shouting and intimidation. Cammi is the chauffeur. So yeah, Spidrift has a point.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

There is that, true.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Mmm. It's not a huge organisation; even the one useful office-worker type may have to pitch in on other tasks (especially when Zoé is working to keep her in her place). But she's still probably the only woman who really knows how the staff diary and the accounting records and the utilities contracts work. I mean, who else in that "organisation" would be handling that necessary boring stuff? As I recall, in one bonus story, just trying to do Tatiana's job for a day drove Sandra to actual respect for her.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

True, but she’s not completely invaluable since Zoe enjoyed sticking them together in a small apartment with a bunk bed. Perhaps she knew of Tatiana’s selfish sabotage and this was her subtle way of getting back. Next time which could be soon she’ll be more direct about her displeasure in her job performance.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, that company is a snake pit. But none of the snakes can really afford to get rid of any of the others. Appalling co-dependency, really.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:12 pm
Mmm. It's not a huge organisation; even the one useful office-worker type may have to pitch in on other tasks (especially when Zoé is working to keep her in her place). But she's still probably the only woman who really knows how the staff diary and the accounting records and the utilities contracts work. I mean, who else in that "organisation" would be handling that necessary boring stuff? As I recall, in one bonus story, just trying to do Tatiana's job for a day drove Sandra to actual respect for her.
It’s a difficult job, but I don’t think Sandra would really be the best judge. Lavali could probably manage for a week. Ruby might excel. She wouldn’t be distracted with BDSM fantasies.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

No, she’d be distracted by any shoots involving male models instead. Given the way this comic works, Eva would discover that trailing Lukas past that office once a day devastated its efficiency.

But of course there are lots of competent administrators in the world. Zoé wouldn’t have to trail off to Montreal to find a recent graduate to fill the slot. It’d still take some time to bring one up to speed, though, and I’m sure that Tatiana’s fanatical devotion to Domenico makes her far more willing to put up with his flakiness than most would ever be.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Ruby is distracted by yaoi so unless Eva figured that out and had Lukas make out with another man in front of her I think everything would run smoothly.

I just used Ruby as an in universe example of people who could do Tataian's job and not be in over their head like Sandra. And considering just how cut throat the fashion industry is I also think Zoe could find someone who would put up with all the craziness just to be a part of it.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Too much like work finding such a paragon. Plus, would they want an embittered Tatiana selling her “My life with Domenico Pedrazzini” memoir to the gutter press?
---------
Spidrift