2018-07-13 Got over my fear

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

dmra

Re: 2018-07-13 Got over my fear

Post by dmra »

rogermart wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:03 pm
That's because everyone in the club went skinny dipping, Sandra and Ingrid were doing it alone, plus all the pictures taken, remember how Zoe handles it:

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... _handle_it
What Zoe handled was somebody taking a picture of her walking naked in the streets. That's a bit different from taking your clothes of in a club which she seemed to have no major objection to.

Besides if Zoe got naked to maintain her "reputation" it suggests that she doesn't see anything wrong with skinny dipping in a night club or even that it's the kind of thing people expect her to do. So again Sandra's crime seems to be getting caught rather than anything she did.

So while Zoe may be awesome she's also being pretty hypocritical.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

“Getting caught” means having her picture plastered all over the gossip sites, acting out. That will affect Sandra’s image. Modelling is all about image. Sandra has a correctly curated image or she has nothing.

So “getting caught” is unprofessional. Complaining about Sanda bollixing up her public image isn’t hypocritical; it’s the whole frickin’ point of the job that Zoé is supposed to be teaching Sandra.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Not sure that Kate Moss say ever had a squeaky clean image and that never seemed to do her career much harm. Compared to some of the stories about her, or Naomi Campbell, getting your photo taken with no clothes on doesn't seem that much of a biggie.

Beside there was just as much chance of somebody taking Sandra's photo the first time she stripped off in public.Which was the time Zoe joined in. And in a club full of people she had no way of knowing if somebody was filming it on their phone or not.

If she was really that concerned about Sandra's image then perhaps that might have been the time to try to do something about it rather than condone/join in her unprofessional behaviour and then get upset when Sandra did it again.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Knowing Domenico, he's probably just upset the people who photographed Sandra didn't do it as graciously or majestically as he would capture her freckled essence, or some hogwash like that, heh.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Probably, or he is upset because he didn't take the pictures himself.
dmra wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:30 pm
What Zoe handled was somebody taking a picture of her walking naked in the streets. That's a bit different from taking your clothes of in a club which she seemed to have no major objection to.

Besides if Zoe got naked to maintain her "reputation" it suggests that she doesn't see anything wrong with skinny dipping in a night club or even that it's the kind of thing people expect her to do. So again Sandra's crime seems to be getting caught rather than anything she did.

So while Zoe may be awesome she's also being pretty hypocritical.
She didn't object because everyone did it, and there were no photographers in front of her taking pictures, as opposed to that moment in the streets. Besides, Zoe got into a fight with Domenico because she insisted to him that she wasn't ready for nude pictures.

Sandra is her protégé and she is doing everything in her power to mold her into a successful model and survive in that industry, then she loses a commercial gig to Marie, and the very next morning: nude pictures of her drunkenness doing all kinds of poses with Ingrid just for the fun of it.

Kate "heroin chic" Moss is a good example of why Zoe is too careful with Sandra, when the drug scandal began she lost a lot of jobs, including a multi-million contract with H&M, and she was already worldwide famous, Sandra is still a local rookie.

BTW, Eisu, panel 1 and 2 are amazing.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

dmra

Post by dmra »

At the club Zoe threw two people into the pool, stripped off and jumped into the pool because she had a reputation to maintain and while she was in there punched somebody. As a result of all that she was thrown out of the club. Oh and that was only after being at the club in the first place because she was trying to buy the silence of somebody she had assaulted and whose clothes she'd stolen. http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... ull_moment

And I can't find a single thing in the comic where after doing all that she warned Sandra not to behave like that in future because it might damage her career.

Perhaps if Zoe (the violent exhibitionist) had wanted her protégé to act in a more professional manner she might have considered trying to behave in a professional manner herself.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:35 pm
"Sandra's world is crashing down..."
*sung to the theme of 'London bridge is falling down'*
... and just as I was about to post a comment about how similar Sandras career must be to the London Bridge presently... :))
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

There's also the fact that nekkid pix of Sandra on the internet = free to the world. Nekkid pix of Sandra taken professionally and sold to a magazine = dolla billz y'all. Sandra doesn't get paid, Zoe doesn't get paid. Dom doesn't take the pix, he doesn't get paid. No pay, unhappy faces.

And right about now, Zoe's got a "You did what now, Admiral Ozzel?!" look on her face. Sandra better hope she doesn't know how to Force choke.

Dom's General Veers, and Tatiana is Captain (soon to be Admiral) Piett. ;)

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

THANK YOU!!! I was waiting for someone to post this (yes, I could've done it but I didn't know if someone here watched Evangelion).
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Ophidiophile

Post by Ophidiophile »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:00 pm
Ah, the jet black eyes of terror...
RConrad wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:25 pm
So, who thinks who posted those pictures online? Sandra? Ingrid? Eloise? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!
A random person in the watching crowd?
Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:35 pm
Boy, this is uncomfortable. >_< Looks like it'll take a minor miracle for Sandra not to get fired on the spot, save for the gig with Dark Matter games... and that's not of infinite duration.
You forget — that would imply Domenico admitting a mistake. And Domenico doesn’t make mistakes.
The public statement that may have to be issued over Sandra’s signature should be a doozy, though.
Isn't the real problem that all those pictures were taken for FREE! Sandra is a model; she's supposed to be paid for the use of her image. And her public image is now at odds with the image that Domenico was trying to craft. Domenico's presentation of Sandra will now be imperfect because the public's perception of Sandra has been tainted.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Lol at Zoe's "Gendo Pose".

I don't think Sandra is going to be fired but I could see some kind of reprimand or punishment be in order.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I don't think Tatiana should be smiling since Zoe may fire her for negligence. Although she may not have specifically ordered her to keep Sandra out of trouble the implication with her assignment was to look after their agency's asset.

And I'd really like to see that smug look on her face disappear. I normally like girls with glasses, but she is the one exception.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

How about G.I. Joe's Baroness?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:13 am
I don't think Tatiana should be smiling since Zoe may fire her for negligence. Although she may not have specifically ordered her to keep Sandra out of trouble the implication with her assignment was to look after their agency's asset.
I imagine that Tatiana is simply too essential to the agency to fire her for one failure to control a (*sigh* “clearly unmanageable”) asset. She seems to be the only person on the staff with administrative skills.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.