Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2018-07-06 I was boooooooored

Post by Eisu »

RConrad

Re: 2018-07-06 I was boooooooored

Post by RConrad »

Those two girls sure are playing it risky. It's only a matter of time until someone at the school sees how similar Eloise's male persona looks to her real self and spills the beans on how old she really is to Alex.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I saw the title of the thread and thought “Okay, what does... oh, yeah, Nadine will have shagged Alex.”

I now hope ever more strongly that Marie gets to have some fun with somebody soon. I’d hate to think that this was a comic where the nice guy could get to shag his way through a list of bad girls, while the nice girl had to remain a miserable virgin until she could finally get the nice guy into bed.

Anyhow, at least Eloise is able to bounce back from her setbacks. Positive thinking is always a virtue.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Well, in all this Eloise scheme there is one winner: Alex :D

It was predictable that Nadine would bang him, what I didn't expect was Eloise joining.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I noticed that Alex only points out that they're "related" after she's pegging him.

brasca

Post by brasca »

RConrad wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:02 pm
Those two girls sure are playing it risky. It's only a matter of time until someone at the school sees how similar Eloise's male persona looks to her real self and spills the beans on how old she really is to Alex.
Or Alex starts putting two and two together. The sex is a great distraction, but if it stops he’s probably going to get curious.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, when Alex starts thinking again (his brain is way elsewhere right now), there’s a whole lot he could question. Nadine claimed to be a poor innocent girl who didn’t know he was there and had never seen a naked guy before; an hour later, she was riding him like a CHiPs cop, and now it seems that Eloise had told her he was there so that she could keep an eye on him...

Now, that isn’t really a big deal; the girls can handwave it off as a little joke — “And are you complaining about it? Really?”. But if and when he ever starts to suspect that there’s something more here than these two being a pair of sexy pranksters, well, he’ll have plenty to think about and no reason at all to believe what they say.

(Okay, he’ll probably be thinking about it anyway. For a videogames nerd, he has a life containing an awful lot of naked models.)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

It may have happened a while ago, but now it is blatantly clear that Alex has ceased being a character - he is merely an object to be used for sex and jokes and sex jokes by the antagonists(?).

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He’s the object of a bunch of jokes at the moment — but that could happen to anybody, and being a bit easy to boss around was always part of his characterisation. I don’t think it’s overwritten his personality yet; heck, we’re still getting things like the joke about him trying to tutor Nadine in maths. If he doesn’t show any interesting reactions under other circumstances, and if his relationship with Marie never goes anywhere, we’ll be able to say that he’s become a blank.
---------
Spidrift

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:23 am
It may have happened a while ago, but now it is blatantly clear that Alex has ceased being a character - he is merely an object to be used for sex and jokes and sex jokes by the antagonists(?).
He's been Garyfied.

Seriously, pegging again? I'm starting to think one of the writers picked this fetish up a year (two?) ago and has to stick it everywhere. Actually, now that I think if it, wasn't Matt being pegged early in the comic? Jesus. It simply has gotten worse.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It’s not about sticking it everywhere, it’s about sticking it in one place.

*rimshot*

(appropriately enough)
---------
Spidrift

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Oh gosh, more pegging? Really?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Eloise did this to Alex earlier the same evening, so at least she's being consistent. But actually, I think it's just being used in service of a very old joke; straight men worrying about the idea of things being stuck up their bottoms. Once upon a time, this was seen as so terrible that a sympathetic male character would always escape it, and a less sympathetic character might suffer it once, at the climax of a scene, and pull a bizarre face, everyone laugh, end of scene, never speak of it again. In these more sophisticated days, though, even straight men might be acknowledged to get a kick out of it, so instead of terrified flight from danger, we get sex scenes with pegging, and the hero can be worried about it to start with but kinda come to like it and not lose his straight-male identity in the process.

I don't think it's a writer fetish (well, I don't have the faintest idea what Dave01's own tastes are); I think it's just a new version of a very old joke. A bit tired now, admittedly.
---------
Spidrift

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

I guess I just suffer PTSD every time I see a man being pegged...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

If that's literally true, then I strongly recommend that you not read any of these comics.
---------
Spidrift