Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2018-06-22 A chance to prove her love

Post by Eisu »

rogermart

Re: 2018-06-22 A chance to prove her love

Post by rogermart »

This is the easiest takedown ever... Eloise didn't threw Sandra a softball, she hanged the ball so it would be steady for Sandra to bat, she still found a way to strike...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Okay, I gotta admit that I'm not really a fan of Eloise, but this is the first time she's made me laugh. Her expressions in panels 2 and 4 are pure gold, so is Pierre's reaction. Poor guy's finally finding out how loopy Sandra gets when she's hammered.

And yeah, the only way this can end up better for Eloise, is if the night ends with her offering Pierre comfort sex.

brasca

Post by brasca »

And getting rejected because he doesn't want to have sex with his cousin.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I don't lurk around here normally, though dropping in to say it is tough to actually care about the supposed relationship between Sandra and Pierre, as the former has been too... adventurous, while the latter seems far too straight laced (bakery sex notwithstanding) to be with someone like Sandra.

Still detest Eloise, but credit where it is due, as it was a rather amusing display of someone being two-faced.

otaku247

Post by otaku247 »

I know it's easy for Pierre to assume what this is about given this setup's context, but he knows Sandra is a model, and has side work as a cosplay/mocap performer for a gaming company. It's not outside the realms of possibility that sort of thing would involve bunking up in hotels and dorms with other females purely platonically while going off to various events in the execution of her contracted duties. It could even be that the girls have get togethers or slumber parties that would involve staying over with friends, it doesn't have to be sexually motivated (even though it's kinda was but he doesn't know that and that's the point) I'm not saying Sandra is completely innocent here but I'd say there a little mole of jealousy burrowing around under Pierre's well groomed hair ready to pop up any moment. I'm expecting the keen eyes Cammi or Ingrid will spot what Eloise is up to here and step in to somehow defend Sandra here
Or not, either way my popcorn is on standby for where this is going regardless

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

One does have to wonder what Eloise supposedly thought she was doing here; she handed Sandra an easy opportunity to declare her devotion to Pierre. But she's right; just now, she just has to roll the dice and they're guaranteed to come up her way.

And yes, one might think that the other women (well, Cammi) might come to Sandra's aid. But they're distracted and probably unclear what's going on -- and Cammi would actually like Pierre to be available, so it'd take a bit of nobility on her part, while Ingrid probably doesn't have much handle on the situation, and seeing her being nice to Sandra might well make Pierre more suspicious.

The question, though, is -- if Eloise thinks she's won here, game set and match, will she fold up the "school infiltration" plot? Or will she keep that going to continue her attacks on Sandra, out of malice? Inquiring Alexes want to know.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

brasca wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:27 am
And getting rejected because he doesn't want to have sex with his cousin.
The French, as well as most of the rest of the world outside the US (oh, and believe it or not, legally speaking much of the US too), do not see cousin relationships as a problem. The whole notion of cousins as incest is actually a recent concept, and mostly from certain parts of the US. And before you start making jokes about Texas, they have some of the strictest laws regarding cousin relationships.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Indeed. Which makes Eloise’s determination to treat this Forbidden Love (because that’s hot) especially perverse...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

otaku247 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:18 am
I know it's easy for Pierre to assume what this is about given this setup's context, but he knows Sandra is a model, and has side work as a cosplay/mocap performer for a gaming company. It's not outside the realms of possibility that sort of thing would involve bunking up in hotels and dorms with other females purely platonically while going off to various events in the execution of her contracted duties. It could even be that the girls have get togethers or slumber parties that would involve staying over with friends, it doesn't have to be sexually motivated (even though it's kinda was but he doesn't know that and that's the point) I'm not saying Sandra is completely innocent here but I'd say there a little mole of jealousy burrowing around under Pierre's well groomed hair ready to pop up any moment. I'm expecting the keen eyes Cammi or Ingrid will spot what Eloise is up to here and step in to somehow defend Sandra here
Pierre just walked in on his girlfriend - his naked girlfriend - full on kissing another women, learns said girlfriend told the others he was dead, tells him to play along with her ruse because she think she can score a threeway out of it, and sees a picture of his naked girlfriend giving another naked woman a seductive look while fondling her.

So, it's not at all shocking that he would immediately think Sandra was admitting to banging two women when she mentions the night with said women was nothing compared to a night with him.

If Pierre dumps her - it'll be well deserved.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Mmm. The likely reaction of a man hearing out of the blue that his girlfriend had “spent the night with” two other women at some unstated point would be a raised eyebrow and an amused “Should I be jealous?”. In this context, on the other hand, after all he’s seen at heard, Pierre’s reaction is quite understandable.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:55 pm
otaku247 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:18 am
Pierre just walked in on his girlfriend - his naked girlfriend - full on kissing another women, learns said girlfriend told the others he was dead, tells him to play along with her ruse because she think she can score a threeway out of it, and sees a picture of his naked girlfriend giving another naked woman a seductive look while fondling her.

So, it's not at all shocking that he would immediately think Sandra was admitting to banging two women when she mentions the night with said women was nothing compared to a night with him.

If Pierre dumps her - it'll be well deserved.
Agreed. As much as I love Sandra, this is all on her. Current situation she's in right now, is because she's crushing on/in love with Cammi.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

@JoybuzzerX - and she's drunk off her ass; let's not forget that (not that it excuses her behavior - considering this whole mess started while she was sober).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:41 am

The question, though, is -- if Eloise thinks she's won here, game set and match, will she fold up the "school infiltration" plot? Or will she keep that going to continue her attacks on Sandra, out of malice? Inquiring Alexes want to know.
Breaking up Sandra and Pierre was only one part of her plan.

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

I'd like to see Sandra eventually open up about how she becomes an uninhibited moron when she's drunk, not that Cammi herself already knows this. But it'd serve for a lot of people both in the comic and those of us viewing it to know that Drunk-Sandra isn't the real Sandra, but the Id part of her psyche - (if one goes by the Freudian standards of psychology) - her wants, desires, impulses and libido. Certainly, it's her fault for getting drunk, but given the radical difference of personalities between Drunk-Sandra and Sober-Sandra, it's safe to say that 2/3 of her psyche are drowning in alcohol.

Plus, it should be reminded that despite Sandra's recent list of dumb actions she committed, Eloise rightfully got canned from the Chamelia gig after destroying the wig, and has it in her head that the gig, Zoe, and Pierre, are all rightfully hers (possessive much?)

So what I'm basically saying is that this all serves as a good way to show off more of Pierre, get more characterization out of him, get some out of Sandra as well, and all without Sandra losing her boyfriend. At the very least, they could take a break until things are straightened out.

But that's up to Eisu.