Re: 2018-06-19 Dead Pierre thing

Post by Pier777 »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:29 am
Fluffy wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:29 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:13 pm
I don't know. She wasn't hurt enough by it all to forget the necklace or look sad in the last panel. Also, they did just meet that day.

You mean Aaina and Sandra? No, they met a while back at a dance club, where Aaina was immediately smitten with Sandra. They even had a slumber party together (where a passed out drunken Sandra nommed on Aaina's bust).
That was the twin sister.
I'm sorry, I have to disagree. The tags do support Fluffy's statement. Aaina had a long standing crush on Sandra ever since the dance and the slumber party. We've only met the sister (Aania) recently. I'll assume SOtR is pretty good with re-tagging names after there is a reveal, so since that wasn't done... Besides, Aaina had no interest in Lavali initially (just liked Sandra). Aania is the opposite.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Fluffy wrote:
JoybuzzerX wrote:
I don't know. She wasn't hurt enough by it all to forget the necklace or look sad in the last panel. Also, they did just meet that day.

You mean Aaina and Sandra? No, they met a while back at a dance club, where Aaina was immediately smitten with Sandra. They even had a slumber party together (where a passed out drunken Sandra nommed on Aaina's bust).
Noooope. That's Aaina Sandra met at the club and this is Aaina that's running off with the jewels. Fluffy's correct.

Aania have never met Sandra ever.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:34 am
Probably because I always heard it that way and made the spelling up in my head, it's actually "Bismillah!”
“In the name of God”?

(I know, I know, Queen reference.)
Oh, yeah, and here little me recently reread Lovecraft's "Herbert West--Reanimator". :D
I was thinking somewhere between “The Thing on the Doorstep”, Ben Grimm, and DC’s Swamp Thing.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Fluffy wrote:
JoybuzzerX wrote:

Eisu has confirmed my earlier post.

Besides, why would Sandra have Aania's phone number if they'd only met just this evening? And why would Aania come pakouring across town to meet with someone she never laid eyes on before?

Lavali is the one who just met Aania, confusing her for Aaina.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

Aaina is just looking a way out of that place, isn't she?
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well now, Sandra, really. What did you expect to happen after you said something like that? Honesty it seems is not always the best policy.

So, Cammi, you can't even pretend to be upset over Aaina having her heart broken? (Even if, yeah, she's looking pretty self-satisfied in that last panel, because you had no way of knowing she stole that necklace back.) Classy. Your capacity for empathy is really showing. Also, more the fool you for not counting on a pro thief being able to get things out of your pocket without you noticing. Being a limo driver with Ultimate Job Security doesn't make you "just that good" at everything.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Funny thing is, I did try to draw Cammi looking a little concerned in panel 3 (the brows being a little furrowed and not gleaming in non-careness), because she IS supposed to be a little concerned over Aaina's heartbreak but at the same time she also wanted to keep the necklace away from her so as to maybe return it to the authorities.

Oh well, you get some you miss some.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, I noticed she looked concerned about something... But I wouldn’t worry about it, Eisu; there’s only so much you can convey with a cartoon face of someone wearing large shades. Cammi obviously has a lot to be thinking about at that point, and you’re never going to cram everything in and make it clear to everyone.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.