2018-05-22 Tongue wh-mff

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Cortez

Re: 2018-05-22 Tongue wh-mff

Post by Cortez »

Yeah, that's not proof of chemistry. I don't think you get what we are talking about.

Pierre just comes of as a stereotypical hot nice boyfriend in those scenes, that's not chemistry.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:51 am
Yeah, that's not proof of chemistry.
I beg to differ, 'cuz it seems clear cut to me.
Cortez wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:51 am
I don't think you get what we are talking about.
So elaborate. That's why I asked: "what does?"

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Then you don't know what chemistry is if you think one can have chemistry with a character that has little personality of his own.

We barely see Pierre and have been given no real reason to want them to be together. Pierre feels more like an object than a character.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:11 am
Then you don't know what chemistry is if you think one can have chemistry with a character that has little personality of his own.
Again, I'd disagree - on both counts.

If I two people hit it off and hook up shortly after meeting each other, that tells me there's clearly a spark. And if one basically says, 'hey, I'm open' and they (get it on), I'd say that's a pretty clear indicator too.
Cortez wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:11 am
We barely see Pierre and have been given no real reason to want them to be together.
Rasons for them to be together: Sandra clearly likes him, he's attentive, supportive of her, a good listener, and (so far) he seems to be a fairly decent guy. All which most women would consider good boyfriend/potential spouse material.

So she should cast him aside for Cammi, just 'cuz you think she's hot? :-\

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

Gotoh is talking about romantic chemistry and Cortez is talking about screen chemistry. You are both right. Sandra and Pierre both care for each other despite what we see and how little personality Pierre may or may not have, but on screen they are an uninteresting couple.

The trouble is, for whatever reason, David hasn't felt like developing Pierre's character to make him interesting. There is so little we know about him outside of the bakery.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

I'm really confused. What is Sandra trying to accomplish here?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Making Cammi jealous, I assume.Whether or not she's technically bisexual, she's kind of attached to Cammi, in a vain and egotistical way.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Waaaaaait a minute. So, she's in a relationship with Pierre but wants Cammi to be infatuated with her just because of her own ego? Sandra, please... you used to be likeable :-s

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The nicest interpretation is that she’s actually in love with Cammi, but in denial about it. But yes, the script has turned Sandra into a bit of a b-word at this point.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Though I'll be more sympathetic if this is her realizing she actually does love Cammi.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

I'm not sure, her feelings for Pierre seems genuine. Unlees she's into a polyamory I don't think she really feels that way for Cammi.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

DarkAsh

Post by DarkAsh »

I agree. Sandra probably just liked the attention Cammi showed her but is jealous that Cammi is also interested in someone else. Once in a while I feel the same way at work when I'm told I'm the best at what I do, but when I cannot work on a task due to higher priorities and short timelines it's given to someone else. It's not that I want the work and I'm always , but it sort of hurts to know you are replaceable. It's an ego thing that I liked to believe I was above. Thankfully I don't act out like Sandra is.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

LarsenSan wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:53 pm
Cortez wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 8:16 pm
Though I'll be more sympathetic if this is her realizing she actually does love Cammi.
I'm not sure, her feelings for Pierre seems genuine. Unlees she's into a polyamory I don't think she really feels that way for Cammi.
If she didn't feel that way, she wouldn't be jealous.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Goosh. The universal sound.

Also, I'm on Gotoh's side, I think the two have really good (romantic) chemistry.

Though Pierre has really been put on a bus - just not yet sure if he's also under said bus.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Pierre may turn into this comic's counterpart to Erik -- the guy who's really too sane and nice (and boring) to be lumbered with any of these idiots, and who therefore walks out the door leaving everyone's dignity as intact as possible, occasionally returning to say something wise if required.
---------
Spidrift