Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-10-02 All the rage in Mumbai

Post by Eisu »

Zorlond

Re: 2017-10-02 All the rage in Mumbai

Post by Zorlond »

... um... Aaina? I suddenly have a -lot- of questions...

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Yeah, she's totally Catwoman
Yet still, I live...

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

The lower speech bubble in the 1st pannel, shouldn't it be pointing towards Aaiana instead of Ingrid?

Other than that, it -is- kind of odd that she pulled such an expensive looking necklace out of it. I'm really starting to think she's some kind of Cat-burglar too, now!
Would certainly explain her parkouring 3 blocks over so quickly, heh.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, latex catsuit + fancy jewelry does rather look like a hint at cat burglary. I can't think of a saner explanation. Sigh. Getting a bit goofy here. Talking of which, Sandra's sudden access of lesbian jealousy still feels like it's suddenly emerged from left field.

And Cammi and Ingrid seem quite smitten, or at least deep in lust. I wonder if Ingrid has forgotten her hopes of getting Alex and Marie into a threesome?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Linnah wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 am
The lower speech bubble in the 1st pannel, shouldn't it be pointing towards Aaiana instead of Ingrid?
Oops, thanks for pointing it out... fixed.
Spidrift wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 am
Yeah, latex catsuit + fancy jewelry does rather look like a hint at cat burglary. I can't think of a saner explanation. Sigh. Getting a bit goofy here
If there are fashion models and cat burglars in the real world, I don't see why there can't be fashion models and cat burglars in this comic world as well ^o^ Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, I'm not saying it ruins the comic or anything. Having both wandering around bumping into each other this way just makes it more cinematic than I previously thought. (And real cat burglars probably don't wear latex cat suits.)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Okay now she's digging herself even more deeper and the cringe levels are starting to turn even me away.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

'J' wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:09 am
Yeah, she's totally Catwoman
Spidrift wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:59 am
Yeah, latex catsuit + fancy jewelry does rather look like a hint at cat burglary. I can't think of a saner explanation. Sigh. <snip>

When asinine joke predictions go wild? /:)
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

But if she’s Catwoman, is that a misanthropic orphan billionaire’s mother’s necklace?
---------
Spidrift

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:13 am
Oh, I'm not saying it ruins the comic or anything. Having both wandering around bumping into each other this way just makes it more cinematic than I previously thought. (And real cat burglars probably don't wear latex cat suits.)
oh, no, my statement was a joke. That's why I had the "ha ha ha ha ha" part at the end... I mean, I gotta admit, this is getting pretty goofy ^o^

YallNeedTweezus

Post by YallNeedTweezus »

Either Aina is a cat burglar or that's a family heirloom. Either way Sandra does not know what she's messing around with here.
Mind the gap

xetalon

Post by xetalon »

This is some ego Sandra has.

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

...Because in webcomicland, there’s no such thing as straight. Not even for characters who once established conclusively that they were.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

My guess is that the old Sandra/DiDi date plot was intended at the time to establish that, yes, those two are actually straight. But the default dramatic plot in these comics assumes that everyone is bi (and a cynic would also mutter something about fan service here), so both had eventually to be given a get-out from that simple fact, to allow for standard Ma3-universe plotting.

Gary is probably lucky that the writers never found a plot (or sufficient fan service) in him succumbing to Dillon's importuning. Though female characters may simply be at greater risk from this effect than male (for reasons that certainly have nothing at all to do with fan service), which would also explain why Dillon always remained as gay as a very gay thing indeed.
---------
Spidrift