Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-08-15 Find your confidence

Post by Eisu »

brasca

Re: 2017-08-15 Find your confidence

Post by brasca »

Well Marie certainly is, but I think Adrienne and Adrianne have a learning disability seeing as how this is the second time they've gotten smacked around like that. They also might want to hit the gym if they're taking beating from a high school girl.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

Man, I can't wait for Zoe to kick Eva's ass
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Quoting for truth :P

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:48 am
Well Marie certainly is, but I think Adrienne and Adrianne have a learning disability seeing as how this is the second time they've gotten smacked around like that. They also might want to hit the gym if they're taking beating from a high school girl.
I think that Eva's organisation really is about as (comedically) toxic as a workplace can get. I get the impression that those two are unaccustomed to relating to other people by any means other than bullying - but at the same time, they daren't put up any resistance to violence that's clearly sanctioned by the boss. Expect bullying from above, pass it down the chain.

Also, all of these characters look good in swimsuits, but putting that many barely-constrained curves on display like that seems more glamour shoot than fashion...

And one may wonder if a newly (over)confident Marie will end up confronting Eloise/Jean over Alex at some point.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

brasca wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:48 am
They also might want to hit the gym if they're taking beating from a high school girl.
The problem isn't that they couldn't kick her ass if they wanted to. The problem is they are too terrified of their boss to do anything about it. Which really isn't funny and I hope this "gag" won't happen again.
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's not hugely funny, but it establishes something about Eva loud and clear - that she's a really terrible boss, mostly. It also taunts the audience a bit - "You like seeing bad things happening to bad people? Well, maybe it has a price..." Which I kind of like.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

Yeah, I get that, I just don't like it being the joke of the comic.
Also, from what we've seen, I don't think Adrienne and Adrianne are bad people. As far as I can tell they are what Eva's abuse made of them, so more afraid and traumatized than bad. Also, what Marie is about to become unless someone stops Eva.
So to answer the taunt, not this kind of bad things, and that's not really the situation here.
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

It's surprising that despite the stingy personality Adria/Adrie display through their looks, they've been surprisingly tame when it comes to being in the receiving end of Marie's 'confidence'.

EIther they really are all bark no bite, or their fear of Eva is far greater than their desire not to get slapped here and there by the rookie.

Probably both eh?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

AlexDenton wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:26 am
Also, from what we've seen, I don't think Adrienne and Adrianne are bad people. As far as I can tell they are what Eva's abuse made of them, so more afraid and traumatized than bad.
They're not her children (so far as we know); any problems with upbringing that made them what they are aren't down to her. Nor are they slaves; if working for her means behaving in a gratuitously crappy fashion which offends their morals, they're free to quit. And while Lukas is a pretty bad person, he doesn't bother with petty sadism, so it doesn't seem to be part of the contract of employment.

No, those two are... Well, actually, they're two-dimensional comedy jerkass bullies. But if they were real people, I'd say that they were probably a couple of petty bullies who've lucked out and found a well-paid job where their behaviour is generally tolerated, because it fits the boss's own style.
---------
Spidrift

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

I guess we'll learn more as the story progresses. I might be perceiving Eva as more sinister than the author intended, and Adrienne and Adrianne were already bullies before she found them, rather than more innocent people like Marie who have been ruined by a cruel woman.
Ah well, we'll see :)
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

We may or may not find out more about those two in future strips. But I don't see how you can deny that they're horrible people now.
---------
Spidrift

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

I don't deny that. Well that's not true I did deny it, so maybe I should have been clearer before. They are pretty bad right now. I'm just wondering how much of that is them, and how much of it was beaten into them. Probably overthinking it.
The point is they are mean, I won't dispute that.
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Why on earth would you want to make that ass look slimmer?! If anything, plump it up, make it look even FATTER.