Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-08-08 The cutest speedo

Post by Eisu »

Cortez

Re: 2017-08-08 The cutest speedo

Post by Cortez »

I can't tell if Eva's that good or if Marie is just an easy mark.

Also, it seems she's over Alex, she hasn't thought of him during all of this.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Quite a shame that Eva's in reality a snake, she's got such a friendly face when she's faking it.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 am

A little from column A, a little from column B, I think.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Linnah wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 am
Quite a shame that Eva's in reality a snake, she's got such a friendly face when she's faking it.
She's a model it comes with the territory.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:
Eva's clearly pretty good, while Marie is a naive, emotionally confused teenager. Plus, Eva has a very useful weapon for this particular task.
Cortez wrote:
She thinks she's lost Alex, and now she's being distracted by the temptations of fame, glory, and Lukas. And the greatest of these is Lukas, who, as someone commented in a previous thread, is increasingly being written as generating a male version of the DiDi Effect.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

It doesn't help that Zoé dropped the ball so badly. She needed to step up, take control of the situation, and explain to Marie why this is a problem. Turning on her brain long enough to wonder who put her up to it, and maybe look into that, would also have been a good idea.

Instead, all she did was yell, which drove Marie off and left Sandra feeling less than content as well. Amateur-level work, Zoé.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zoé is smart, but, well, Eva is right about one thing; she does have a temper on her. That's been previously established, so her behaviour here doesn't look implausible.

Of course, Eva's plan depends on Zoé failing to use her brain, so you could say that Eva has been lucky. But handwave plot.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Ahhh, lucky... or Eva calculated Zoe's temper into her plans as well? DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNN!!

(Though technically there's no way she could've calculated Sandra butting in and making Zoe so upset that she decided to just leave)

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 am
Cortez wrote:
She thinks she's lost Alex, and now she's being distracted by the temptations of fame, glory, and Lukas. And the greatest of these is Lukas, who, as someone commented in a previous thread, is increasingly being written as generating a male version of the DiDi Effect.
I think his Didi effect is even stronger, some guy is banging Eva, she receives Lavali's call, and Lukas distracts the guy by banging him, he just says a few words to the café manager and in seconds they're banging in the office, just the thought of him leaving makes the magazine guy bend the deadline rules, also there's this strip:

So he knows even lesbians are not inmune to his effect...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I put that line down to Lukas' vanity at the time, though given what we've seen since, yeah, maybe it's simple truth. Anyway, the comedy in SotR is a bit broader and more quickfire than that in Ma3*, so superpower-level sex appeal can perhaps be expected to work faster and be even more reliable. Note that Cammi and/or Ingrid worked similarly quickly a few strips ago.

*One might almost imagine that Dave01 is having his approach moderated by a more soap-operatic writer over there.
---------
Spidrift

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

KittyHat wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:34 pm
It doesn't help that Zoé dropped the ball so badly. She needed to step up, take control of the situation, and explain to Marie why this is a problem.
Except Zoe did explain, Marie is just too knaive and foolish to understand why taking shortcuts will backfire.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

You know what be funny...

Eva actually gets attached to Marie though maybe thats just I like how Eva's drawn when she's Faking concern

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:39 pm
KittyHat wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:34 pm
It doesn't help that Zoé dropped the ball so badly. She needed to step up, take control of the situation, and explain to Marie why this is a problem.
Except Zoe did explain, Marie is just too knaive and foolish to understand why taking shortcuts will backfire.
Okay. Here's everything Zoé said to or in the presence of Marie from the moment Marie woke up 'till Zoé stormed off:

"EXPLAIN."
"You look fine. My concern is what you are THINKING, or IF you are thinking!"
"I promised I would get you modeling opportunities ... AFTER you graduated! Are you too impatient to wait for them? Should I rescind that offer?"
"No one in modeling can just start at the top! There are steps you need to go through."
"Never question my method! The last thing I need is for you to be putting bad ideas into --"
"SEE WHAT YOU DID?"
"You'll be grateful for those "hoops" when you --"
"ENOUGH! Sandra! Go wait in the limo!"
"And YOU! You can follow my method, or convince yourself you can do it 'the easy way' and let this business spit you out like PASTE in SIX MONTHS, as you would RICHLY DESERVE! DECIDE."
"Cammi! Get out here! We're leaving!"

Help me out. Which part is the part where she explained to Marie why this is a problem?

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Did you even read what you posted?