Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-08-01 Vent something fierce

Post by Eisu »

Linnah

Re: 2017-08-01 Vent something fierce

Post by Linnah »

Oh man, in the end Marie didn't explain -how- she got in the cover in the first place huh? That's pretty convenient for Eva.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Linnah: True, but Zoé never bothered to ask either and isn't like she cared. Instead, she threw a tantrum, then issued an ultimatum and stormed out.

From what we've seen, Zoé appears to have anger management issues given how often (and how easily) she flies off the handle at people. Domenico and Cammi appear to be the only two she doesn't intimidate.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I don't think it's an anger management problem just the lack of communication as a plot convenience.

Well at the very least Lavali is getting laid since Eva has stepped up her game beyond lap dances.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Eva's scheme is proving very effective, but it's chancy - or rather, it depends on that comedy lack-of-communication plot device. Not only would she have hit a snag if Marie had mentioned her name to Zoé, but alarm bells will sound loud if Lavali ever identifies Eva properly. Actually, I kind of imagine that Zoé will discover Eva's role in Marie's new success sooner or later - she's efficient and has contacts.

And it's Lavali I have to feel sorry for. One day, she's going to discover just how badly she's been used. One can just hope that all the hot lesbian sex with an eleven will represent a small compensation in retrospect.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Gotoh wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:18 am
@Linnah: True, but Zoé never bothered to ask either and isn't like she cared. Instead, she threw a tantrum, then issued an ultimatum and stormed out.
You said Zoe never bothered to ask, but she did ask Marie to explain herself in this strip:
http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... wn-the-sun

but in the next strip, instead of explaining herself, Marie sort of deflected it by asking back if Zoe did not like the cover... so it's not like Zoe never asked or doesn't care.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Eva's subterfuge is not sustainable.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It just needs to last long enough. We don't know what her next step is.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Eisu wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 am

You said Zoe never bothered to ask, but she did ask Marie to explain herself in this strip:

but in the next strip, instead of explaining herself, Marie sort of deflected it by asking back if Zoe did not like the cover... so it's not like Zoe never asked or doesn't care.
Yeah, asking for an explanation was the first thing she did.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Eisu wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 am

I'll admit that I forgot Zoé did ask and Marie deflected the question, but Zoé didn't exactly wait for Marie to explain either. So apparently, she didn't care that much.

It reminds of those scenes where an angry parent asks their kids for an explanation, then starts laying into them before the kid barely gets a word in.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Well, to be fair, Zoe's rage gets escalated due to Sandra's intrusion and Cammi's... exploits so in that enragement, she just wants to get the heck out of there but that does not mean she doesn't care. The angrier you get the less rational you are.

I mean, I know you have this disdain for Zoe, but don't let that make you think you know whether or not she cares.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Eisu: It isn't disdain, so much as, 'I don't get her'.

But fair point about Sandra and Cammi making the situation worse.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

I am curious if Lavali will clue in on the connection between her conversations and the happenings to her friends. I also hope that however it all breaks apart she's the one that "leaves" Eva without being emotionally distraught herself.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Ha, Lavali's face in Panel 3. I know that face. That's the face I got back when my wife and I were still dating and my friends wanted to go do stuff, but she'd just emailed me to let me know what position she'd be in when I got to her place...
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

It's all rotating...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)