Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-07-25 Putting bad ideas

Post by Eisu »

Linnah

Re: 2017-07-25 Putting bad ideas

Post by Linnah »

I remember Sandra making the headlines when she stormed in that gameshow presentation, but I'm pretty sure none of those would be considered "Fashion Maganizes", so she -does- have a point, heh.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Ah yes, the "never consider that maybe the old methods are wrong" psychology. So extremely common anywhere you find an established institution. And of course, calling the methods into question is probably all it'll take to bring them crashing down (there's a reason they're called institutions :D ).

Of course, there could be -some- valid reasoning behind the methods (likely something akin to 'one hit wonder' prevention), but they're not currently visible.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Avoiding one-hit wonder syndrome, and ensuring that the subject is prepared for the especially intense daily grind that they'll likely encounter once they get to the top, so that they don't burn out, I would think.

And eventually, of course, Zoé may have to break it to Marie that she only got that cover because Eva was using her as a weapon...

Anyway, it seems that this situation has proved a remarkably effective hangover cure for Marie.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Avoiding one-hit wonder syndrome, and ensuring that the subject is prepared for the especially intense daily grind that they'll likely encounter once they get to the top, so that they don't burn out, I would think.
Exactly, it's not a matter of "The old ways being wrong".

Plus she got the cover because Eva pulled strings.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

In this case Zoe has a real reason for doing "the old ways" (she must be a northern woman... i miss Game of Thrones), unlike what i find in a lot of offices: "Why do you do it like this?" "Because it's the way we always done it"...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Zorlond wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 am
Ah yes, the "never consider that maybe the old methods are wrong" psychology.
It's the nature of time
That the old ways must give in
It's the nature of time
That the new ways comes in sin

When the new meets the old
It always ends the ancient ways
And as history told
The old ways go out in a blaze
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

also all every model ever going "Who the **** is THIS No-Name girl?!!!"

also whoever the model who WAS going to be on the cover got bumped..wont be pleased at all

way to get immediately on all of your possible peer's badsides marie!!

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

What if the model who was going to appear is:

:)) :)) :)) :))

Also, Sandra was on a magazine cover...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True. Good catch. Though it wasn't a fashion magazine, I presume - which Sandra specifies here.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Hey look, it's what's her name. :)

Poor Zoe, she's doing her best to keep her padawans in check.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Exactly, we know Sandra was on a cover before (we, being the behind the scene-ers, didn't do this as an error cos we remembered this too), but not a fashion magazine cover (which, in all honesty, gets way more traction all over the world than games magazine). There's a reason why there's that specificity there. (also, notice Zoe said that Sandra "stumbled" onto this cover)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, in this age of Instagram and Snapchat and viral videos, people can become "Faces" in an instant....
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)