2017-07-21 Too impatient to wait for them

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Re: 2017-07-21 Too impatient to wait for them

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:45 am
Osaru Sensei wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:57 am
*Facepalm of biblical proportions*
That sounds a bit hard on your face. Anyhow, one must cut the kid some slack. She is just a kid.
It was more a comment on the whole "digging herself deeper" situation in the last panel - Marie's gonna get an even more furious earful next strip, I'm certain of it. At the very least, Zoé will be yelling "FOCUS!" at some point.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

AlexDenton wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:54 am
vampire hunter D wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:30 am
Well, kinda cool of Zoé to make the offer conditional on Marie graduating. Kinda rate to find a character who is both a model and smart. And cares about others. Ehy Zoé is my favorite non-Sandra character in this comic

Too bad Eva and Eloise cant take after her
Zoe is the Batman of this comic, she cares about everybody :)
Does she have his inability to express that caring like a goddamn normal person?
Osaru Sensei wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:52 am
It was more a comment on the whole "digging herself deeper" situation in the last panel - Marie's gonna get an even more furious earful next strip, I'm certain of it. At the very least, Zoé will be yelling "FOCUS!" at some point.
So kind of like in Grrl Power! when Sidney's off on a tangent and Maxima has to bring her back to reality? Eheheh, don't know if anyone here will get that reference.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zoé is indeed like Maxima and Batman; the competent grownup in room full of overgrown children, in a world where the stakes are dangerously high.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:26 am
Does she have his inability to express that caring like a goddamn normal person?
Yes.
Spidrift wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:58 am
Zoé is indeed like Maxima and Batman; the competent grownup in room full of overgrown children, in a world where the stakes are dangerously high.
Well said :)
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

EmptyHat

Post by EmptyHat »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:26 am
So kind of like in Grrl Power! when Sidney's off on a tangent and Maxima has to bring her back to reality? Eheheh, don't know if anyone here will get that reference.
But even from the first bit of interaction between Max and Syd, Max was establishing a solid rapport with Sid that softens what she says to Sidney, and Sidney herself understands that Max is looking out for her. If you don't want to like Zoe then you can easily read this as her claiming a stake of ownership based off of some off hand remark that has already been forgotten.

If Zoe switched with Maxima then Sidney would have teamed up with Marble Maiden by now.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, except that Sydney would have defined Maxima as exactly equivalent to Batman by now, and would be assuming that Max had some ongoing deep and complicated and brilliant reason for being a jerk...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

AlexDenton wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:42 am
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh my Cammi/Sandra ship T_T
Don't worry, Cammi's a global steamer, she puts in into many ports. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

That sounds appropriately naughty, well done XD

Thank you, still, quote removed. The DAMNed
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."