Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-07-07 Undiscovered Cover Girl

Post by Eisu »

Linnah

Re: 2017-07-07 Undiscovered Cover Girl

Post by Linnah »

You know, all "Eva-corruption" idea aside, Marie looks quite adorable posing and smiling for the camera!

Maboo

Post by Maboo »

Whoa. Markus is gorgeous. I don't post often here but just had to pop in and say that. Eisu does draw some very nice men, although most haven't really been doing it for me (although there is also a seriously hot guy running to jump into the swimming pool in the club scene, but he'll never pop up again....)

And I bet Eloise was supposed to be on that cover....

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, we now see why Eva keeps Lukas around. The ability to seduce gay men into subservience, even by proxy, could be a powerful tool in that business. And Eva is being written increasingly like a serious enemy even for Zoé; she isn't just a vicious bitch, she's a vicious bitch who's prepared to play a long game and who remembers the line about getting more with a kind word and a gun than with a gun alone.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Seems premature for Eva to pull this now. Zoe will know what's up and while she can't stop Eva from poaching Marie she'll be keeping a closer watch over Sandra.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

So? Eva's ultimate target is Zoé, not Sandra. Marie and Sandra are both just possible means to that end.

I don't know what Eva's endgame is - very possibly, she doesn't herself - but she's already successfully undermining Zoé's prospects with Marie.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I wish I could say this seems so far fetched, but in my experience this is how business is sometimes done :/ That said...GO MARIE :)

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:01 am
Ah, we now see why Eva keeps Lukas around. The ability to seduce gay men into subservience, even by proxy, could be a powerful tool in that business.
Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. -- Sun Tzu's The Art of War, Chapter 3, verse 18.

Woo post #333
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:42 pm
So? Eva's ultimate target is Zoé, not Sandra. Marie and Sandra are both just possible means to that end.

I don't know what Eva's endgame is - very possibly, she doesn't herself - but she's already successfully undermining Zoé's prospects with Marie.
Yes, Zoe is ultimately the target and poaching Marie will no doubt bring about some form of retaliation. Remember how scared Eva was when Lukas reminded her of what could happen if Zoe found out she was conspiring against her? Either Eva forgot or she's got a few other cards up her sleeve.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:06 pm
Either Eva forgot or she's got a few other cards up her sleeve.
I assume the latter. Just to begin with, if Eva can get Marie completely under her thumb, simple physical retaliation won't do Zoé much good; it'll just tell Marie that her former potential patron, who didn't actually do much for her, is a meanie, while her new patron has got her a magazine cover and is giving her solid advice on how to get Alex back.

I don't reckon that Eva is infallible - she'll likely screw up somewhere, and the inevitable gambit pile-up with Eloise's little scheme will surely make things gang agley summat rotten - but I'll willingly assume that she's playing some kind of competent long game here, and that we haven't seen all of it. Why should we think that we have?
---------
Spidrift

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Buttsecks - so addicting.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)