2017-05-26 No one I feel closer to

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

rakedan

Re: 2017-05-26 No one I feel closer to

Post by rakedan »

The sound of Marie's heart breaking can be heard from thousands of miles away...
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Spidrift wrote:My congratulations. Your raging hatred of the grocers apostrophe has led you far on the paths of righteousness.

Anyhow, Marie has a great opportunity here! She can nobly volunteer to help Alex test exactly how gay he is really!
My tought exactly ! :)

But never seeing expectation being crushed hasn't be funnier than this strip ! :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dr. Jamming wrote:My main question about all this (though there are many) is: how could he possibly not conclude that he's bisexual, considering that he most definitely still feels attracted to women?
He's a teenage boy who previously defined himself as straight, now finding that he's apparently attracted to a guy. He even suspects that his attraction to Eloise may be related to her uncanny resemblance to "Jean". Confusion and some panic ensues. I'd cut him some slack on the details of the terminology.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

Alex is not an interesting character. Marie, on the other hand, might be.
This is getting out of hand.

magrathia

Post by magrathia »

First Sandra now Alex...

After Marie recovers from her mind's BSOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=221NeZe3cos

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Gotoh wrote: In some cases, maybe. But most times, characters like Marie end up in the "unlucky" category.
True enough, but they did spend some time with Marie and her (failed) romantic interlude that seemed to end with the result of hinting toward her and Alex. Or that could end up meaning nothing at all.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

A little late, but why is every leading male protagonist in the Ma3 verse an idiot? Is there some sort of underlying hate for the male gender? Gary, Dillon, and Alex are the dumbest characters. Even in the usual harem anime, the males aren't this dumb. They may be perverted or up to hijinks, but he'll even Tenchi (Muyo) was a BA when necessary. Is it a beloved tv trope? I'm not getting? They're all just so stupid.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

"Idiot male who has stuff [especially female sexual attention] happen to him" is definitely one of the big default jokes in these comics. (Though I suspect it's more of a Dave01 thing than an Ma3 universe thing; it's more visible in Dangerously Chloe than it is in Sticky Dilly Buns.) However, the comics aren't consistently misandric; Matt is probably the character in the Ma3 comics with his head most consistently together at all levels, even if his brain is often overruled by his hormones, and the most consistently mentally incompetent character in that setting would be DiDi.

There is quite a bit of general comedy stupidity, though.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

TJgalon wrote:Marie, hit him with a cluebat, tell him how you feel.
Though by telling her he thinks he's gay, she might not tell him how she feels because now she thinks their orientations are incompatible.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

JTheCreator wrote:A little late, but why is every leading male protagonist in the Ma3 verse an idiot? Is there some sort of underlying hate for the male gender? Gary, Dillon, and Alex are the dumbest characters. Even in the usual harem anime, the males aren't this dumb. They may be perverted or up to hijinks, but he'll even Tenchi (Muyo) was a BA when necessary. Is it a beloved tv trope? I'm not getting? They're all just so stupid.
Technically, Alex isn't the leading male in SOTR... in fact, there is no leading male protagonist in SOTR!!

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

She's sort of been reduced to a supporting character, though... these Europeans are far more interesting.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Still technically doesn't make Alex the leading male. I reiterate on "technically"

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Dr. Jamming wrote:My main question about all this (though there are many) is: how could he possibly not conclude that he's bisexual, considering that he most definitely still feels attracted to women?
He's a teenage boy who previously defined himself as straight, now finding that he's apparently attracted to a guy. He even suspects that his attraction to Eloise may be related to her uncanny resemblance to "Jean". Confusion and some panic ensues. I'd cut him some slack on the details of the terminology.
Let's also not forget that he's never put much thought into any of this. Gaming preoccupied Alex's mind up until recently. Sure he might think he's heterosexual because of how obsessed he is with Sandra, but keep in mind she's portraying a character from one of his favorite games. So he might be wondering if he likes Sandra because she's a hot woman or Carmen Chameleon. Sandra throwing up on him complicates thing as did the advice from Penelope and now we have Jean making this a perfect storm of sexual confusion. Alex liked kissing Jean and Eloise who he thinks are different people and up until recently he's never thought about any of this until now so it's understandably overwhelming and he's going to make mistakes as he figures these things out.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Dr. Jamming wrote:My main question about all this (though there are many) is: how could he possibly not conclude that he's bisexual, considering that he most definitely still feels attracted to women? It's possible that he's chosen inopportune phrasing, but it stands out.
Oh, come on, everyone knows bisexuality does not exist, everything in the world can be reduced to black and white, and any self-declared bisexuals are traitors to both the gays and the straights. :P

But anyway, I really feel for Mary.

Also, Eisu, really congrats on that last panel, Marie's face is a perfect BSOD.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)