2017-05-19 Get ready for supper

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-05-19 Get ready for supper

Post by Eisu »

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Re: 2017-05-19 Get ready for supper

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Dammit 'Lexy, you're rapidly approaching Gary-levels of density.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Osaru Sensei: Agreed.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Osaru Sensei wrote:Dammit 'Lexy, you're rapidly approaching Gary-levels of density.
It can be very hard to think through a dense cloud of hormones. Though Nadine did drop a dangerously large clue in panel 1.

So, okay, Eloise is playing this as a long game. Probably sensible, if she wants to keep Alex frustrated (possibly followed by insanely grateful) and hence susceptible, and to avoid looking like she's throwing herself at him implausibly fast and hard. Anyhow, Alex's reactions so far will suggest to her that her plan is working. The question is, how much will he tell any of his other friends, and how will they react?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

this kid is going to have so many relationship issues when he grows up
Yet still, I live...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Osaru Sensei wrote:Dammit 'Lexy, you're rapidly approaching Gary-levels of density.
Would you be able to think straight if this was happening to you? Moreover, Gary never had to deal with a situation where a girl was impersonating a guy attempting to seduce him.
'J' wrote:this kid is going to have so many relationship issues when he grows up
He exists in the Menage a 3 universe. A rare find is someone completely well adjusted.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:Would you be able to think straight if this was happening to you?
You're honestly gonna tell me that you wouldn't find it odd if two complete strangers just made out with you? Especially if the second one walked in half-naked and thought nothing of it?
brasca wrote:A rare find is someone completely well adjusted.
A person doesn't have to be well-advised to use some modicum of common sense.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

'J' wrote:this kid is going to have so many relationship issues when he grows up
Yeah, but -- also so much to boast about.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

LonestarF1

Post by LonestarF1 »

Spidrift wrote:
It can be very hard to think through a dense cloud of hormones. Though Nadine did drop a dangerously large clue in panel 1.
I think her reaction is meant to portray, "Oh shit, Jean must be coming, I have to go!" And then when "Jean" shows up, it supports the reaction.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

I'm kind of confused, was Nadine "sticking to the script" too much here and actually caught Eloise by surprise? Was Eloise showing up as herself and making out with Alex a part of the plan or improvised?

And most importantly how can Alex not notice that Jean and Eloise's look exactly the same, even down to the positioning of the hair? :)

Metathiax

Post by Metathiax »

Assuming Nadine was following the script, It was planned. Probably to keep Alex from figuring out that Jean isn't a guy.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, I'm sure that this basically as per the script, though Eloise is doubtless improvising details, and may even be getting into it enough that she doesn't have to fake all her reactions at being interrupted.

As for Alex not spotting that these two are identical -- sure, he should really. But even aside from the fact that he's kind of distracted by Eloise's near-nudity, look, what's more likely; that two members of the same family should have a striking resemblance, or that a person you barely know should invite you home and proceed to make out with you while passing as a guy and then as a woman, for no discernible reason? And Alex is a polite lad; accusing people of weird lying probably doesn't come naturally to him.
---------
Spidrift

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Yeah I can see that, but honestly to me the cousin line should be a pretty big clue. I have a lot of relatives and a number of cousins do bear a resemblance to each other, but nothing nearing identical. I'm really not sure why Eloise didn't go the other sister route, it's not like Alex know's the family well enough to dispute it.

And not to keep harping on it but the hair is exactly the same, I think that would be weird enough to notice. :)

Also a random though occurred, although Cammi's line about making it up to Alex seemed like just a throwaway, I wonder if some convenient happenstance might bring her into the scene to offer Alex some sage advice and guidance, and she also might possibly recognize Eloise / Jean from her chauffeur duties.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:Would you be able to think straight if this was happening to you?
You're honestly gonna tell me that you wouldn't find it odd if two complete strangers just made out with you? Especially if the second one walked in half-naked and thought nothing of it?
I'm sure it would be on my mind, but if I was enjoying this new experience I'd be pushing all logic to the back of my mind.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:A rare find is someone completely well adjusted.
A person doesn't have to be well-advised to use some modicum of common sense.
Yes, but this is a comedy so for the sake of laughs his IQ will be momentarily diminished and seeing as how he's a teenager and this is a new experience for him I find it plausible enough.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

"Hello, Internet,I'm Dan."
"And I'm Gav."
"We're the Slo Mo Guys. And today we'll be filming the soap bubble bursting when a kiss disengages and reality crashes in at 2,000 fps."
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)