2017-04-21 Sexy game bimbo

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Brux

Re: 2017-04-21 Sexy game bimbo

Post by Brux »

Zorlond wrote:Ah, MMO's, Where the line between 'leet' and 'noob' is knowing what to do AFTER you agro half the damn zone at once. :D
Oh, that's easy. *bubble* *hearth*
*slithers off to lurk some more*

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Error of Logic wrote:Consider the option of wading through a battle, unstoppable as a locomotive, invulnerable like the tank for which you are named, enemies falling by the bushel as you swing your weapon. Valued frontline fighter, an asset to your group, and basically the king of the batlefield.
Perhaps, but I'll still pass.

If I wanna just flat-out pwn the enemy, I'll switch to the barefisted monk style character - someone like Tifa Lockhart, or Jude Mathas. That link is 11min. of straight whupass.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Error of Logic wrote:Consider the option of wading through a battle, unstoppable as a locomotive, invulnerable like the tank for which you are named, enemies falling by the bushel as you swing your weapon. Valued frontline fighter, an asset to your group, and basically the king of the batlefield.

^_^ It may not be for everyone, and I personally prefer more fast-moving and spell-casting classes, but I can see the appeal.
Exactly, it's not hard to see why people like the Tank and like you said, they are an asset on any team, just like the healer or the sniper.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

An unassailable wall of metal and willpower, pushing forward against a hail of lethal attacks, unrelenting in your march as you shield your battle bretheren. It's all shades of big-brother protectiveness and good ol' juggernaught might.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

See, I've always been the Glass Cannon in every MMO I've played - I may die a lot, but my death will mark a spot where a bomb blackened everything within eyesight. My only use to the team is to destroy, destroy, and keep destroying until I finally fall in a fragile heap at the ground, waiting for help from those more altruistic and sharing in nature.

Much like my life, really.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Zorlond: Sure, but almost any other class can do the same thing without reducing themselves to a meatshield.
  • A mage can wipe out enemies from afar. Or they can cast stat buffs and resistance spells, or repeatedly revive fallen teammates; effectively turning their party into an unstoppable army.
  • And a fighter/martial artist type can mow down waves of enemies, once mastered. They provide the perfect combination of speed, power, and stamina; effectively becoming one man armies.
Point being, if all you want is to be an unstoppable juggernaut, there's more effective ways to do it that don't require you to sacrifice speed and mobility.
Last edited by Gotoh on Sun May 07, 2017 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

True_Avery wrote:Can I just say I absolutely love the art on this page? Bravo
You got a thing for busty, scantily-clad elven lasses, Avery?

It's cool if you do, because I know I do. Just curious.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

I have a thing for dem abs. Dem. Abs.

As for busty, I would say if she was a bra size or two smaller, that'd be more my thang.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
True_Avery wrote:Can I just say I absolutely love the art on this page? Bravo
You got a thing for busty, scantily-clad elven lasses, Avery?

It's cool if you do, because I know I do. Just curious.
I am suddenly reminded of Ii Orc no hi. :p

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
Point being, if all you want is to be an unstoppable juggernaut, there's more effective ways to do it that don't require you to sacrifice speed and mobility.
Except none of the one you mentioned are as durable as a tank. That's the point

I don't think you get where we're coming from.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

I think I do : Gotoh's a solo player, he doesn't do MMOs or play RPG in multi player, which means the content he plays through should in theory be balanced to be playable by any class, be it tanky types, or support, or healers or damage dealer.

Meaning that he sees little point in choosing a more resilient character while he can survive just fine with a fragile damage dealer, or maybe even prefer being more fragile due to the more challenging gameplay.

Point is, I don't think there's any point to debate, it all boils down to taste, what games you play and what type of gameplay you are looking for.

Mr. Bee

Post by Mr. Bee »

I can understand what the pose in panel 3 is supposed to be, but still, it just looks like an arm is coming out of Alex's hip and I can't stop seeing it.
Last edited by Mr. Bee on Mon May 08, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

^_^ It may not be for everyone, and I personally prefer more fast-moving and spell-casting classes, but I can see the appeal.
"Violence is usually the answer."
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

....and suddenly everyone's a gamer. :P (Except for spi, I guess.)

Now I wonder whether Alex has not found the nudity mod yet or whether he did remember to turn it off before playing with a stranger. :P

He should just go with biononic integral force fields.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Mr. Bee wrote:I can understand the pose in panel 3 is supposed to be, but still, it just looks like an arm is coming out of Alex's hip and I can't stop seeing it.
You can chalk it up as the game model clipping through parts of the body by graphical error if you want ^o^