Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-04-21 Sexy game bimbo

Post by Eisu »

Zorlond

Re: 2017-04-21 Sexy game bimbo

Post by Zorlond »

Ah, MMO's, Where the line between 'leet' and 'noob' is knowing what to do AFTER you agro half the damn zone at once. :D

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

hate to say it, but I like how the "Sexy Game Bimbo" plays and dresses LMAO
ImageImage

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

This might spark whole new interests in someone. ^_^

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hmm. I'm no expert at all, but what are the social semantics of manifesting as a sexy game bimbo in a bikini when playing an MMO alongside someone you barely know?

If Alex knew that Eloise was female, I'd put this down as possibly dropping a minor clanger. As it is, I do wonder if his subconscious is sending some unexpected signals about Penelope being right.

Or maybe he does just completely detach his avatar from his self-image.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Can I just say I absolutely love the art on this page? Bravo
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Spidrift wrote:Hmm. I'm no expert at all, but what are the social semantics of manifesting as a sexy game bimbo in a bikini when playing an MMO alongside someone you barely know?
None that I know of, a majority of people seem to default to manly guy or sexy girl, it wouldn't be out of place when playing with anyone of either sex, so I'm not sure how much there's to read into Alex's avatar choice.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Hmm. I'm no expert at all, but what are the social semantics of manifesting as a sexy game bimbo in a bikini when playing an MMO alongside someone you barely know?

If Alex knew that Eloise was female, I'd put this down as possibly dropping a minor clanger. As it is, I do wonder if his subconscious is sending some unexpected signals about Penelope being right.

Or maybe he does just completely detach his avatar from his self-image.
Most of my avatars are female and I'm not. Some of us like female characters more than male. It's not surprising since Alex is a fan of Carmen Chameleon.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:Some of us like female characters more than male.
This. It's common among male gamers. I remember seeing an online poll that showed 43% of male gamers use or create female avatars when given the choice. Which was even shown in the first episode of 'Sword Art Online' where the majority of the male players had created female avatars.

Speaking personally, I prefer female characters in general, 'cuz they're more appealing, they have sleeker costume designs, and 'cuz I'd rather look at a woman, than a guy.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

*tries to pretend I wasnt excited by a new darkerskinned character* HAHA ANNNYYWAY.

Lmao yeah literally half of my guy friends play female characters. Some cause theyd rather look at a girl, some cause there are more girl costumes than guy/theyre better looking, some i dont know. but yep, its common.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Gotoh wrote:Speaking personally, I prefer female characters in general, 'cuz they're more appealing, they have sleeker costume designs, and 'cuz I'd rather look at a woman, than a guy.
On the down-side, most MMO's give female characters the *dumbest* suits of 'armor' to work with. If I'm a warrior set up as main tank for a 20-man raid, I'd expect to be covered head to toe in thick metal. Instead I'm stuck with two pot lids and a thong. No valid alternative available. As a guy who really enjoys playing female characters in strong, stompy, protective roles, this really drives me nuts.

Meanwhile, the lady mages, who logically could wear whatever they like on the battlefield and not affect their combat efficiency, are all bundled up like nuns. Again, no valid alternative.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Zorlond: I'm not a fan of MMO's, I prefer single player rpgs and action/adventure games because they have a stronger emphasis on storytelling.

I've never been one to play the tank either. Being a slow, lumbering meatshield doesn't sound appealing. I prefer to be the team mage/healer. Mages are flexible and (depending on the game) potential game breakers. Like m'girl: Rita Mordio.

And I typically choose clerical robes, uniforms, or business suits - assuming any of those options are available.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Funny you guys mention that they're playing a MMO. It's a bit hard to pinpoint what they're playing in the first place!

'Jean' mentioned he wanted Alex to help him with a VR set, but they're talking about L2 buttons so it seems they're also using a controller. That being said, the fact Alex tried finding Elo ingame does point towards an online game.

Ehh I'm probably reading too much into it! Hahaha

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

So Alex likes playing as a Dark Elf, cool! Also, i would have never thought Alex was the type that gave his female characters bikini armor, unless that's just the characters default look.

Then again, he's playing as an elf.
Gotoh wrote:
I've never been one to play the tank either. Being a slow, lumbering meatshield doesn't sound appealing.
It can be though. The archetype still exists for a reason.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Consider the option of wading through a battle, unstoppable as a locomotive, invulnerable like the tank for which you are named, enemies falling by the bushel as you swing your weapon. Valued frontline fighter, an asset to your group, and basically the king of the batlefield.

^_^ It may not be for everyone, and I personally prefer more fast-moving and spell-casting classes, but I can see the appeal.