Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-01-24 Constant stream of alcohol

Post by Eisu »

Jackass Mask

Re: 2017-01-24 Constant stream of alcohol

Post by Jackass Mask »

Cammi actually thinking of consequences... If only Zoe could see her now. Probably die from the shock.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

If I were Cammi, I'd be a little bit insulted. Like "You need a constant stream of alcohol to be with me? No thanks. I'll stick with someone who realizes my divine greatness without needing to be drunk to see it."

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

*Crumbles to the floor, gripping head and shaking* Cammi... in suit... she's so hot... irrationally hot...
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Nothing irrational about it. Some of us (straight cis male in my case, if that's relevant) have always appreciated that look. Hollywood discovered it before you or I were born.

Anyhow - Cammi is admirably concerned with the prospect of Sandra projectile'ing all over the minister, but if we're going to see good sense and rationality, somebody really ought to be asking about Sandra's liver .
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fereshte wrote:If I were Cammi, I'd be a little bit insulted. Like "You need a constant stream of alcohol to be with me? No thanks. I'll stick with someone who realizes my divine greatness without needing to be drunk to see it."
Yeah, Cammi said the same thing in the previous strip. Sandra may be too stoned to realize how it sounds, but that isn't flattering at all. She didn't need booze to be with Pierre.

The best thing Cammi can do is wait for her to sobre up, then find out whether she really meant what she said. Not to mention, the whole matter of treating Cammi as a fling, while she still has a boyfriend.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I love how Cammi is trying to talk her way into this guilt-free in Panel One.

"Will you still feel this way when you sober up in the morning?" indeed. A drunk person can't answer that question accurately, and you know that perfectly well sweetums. Just let it go. :)
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Nothing irrational about it. Some of us (straight cis male in my case, if that's relevant) have always appreciated that look. Hollywood discovered it before you or I were born.

Anyhow - Cammi is admirably concerned with the prospect of Sandra projectile'ing all over the minister, but if we're going to see good sense and rationality, somebody really ought to be asking about Sandra's liver .
Not to mention the brain and kidneys.

And it's safe to say Cammi wrote the wedding vows.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I doubt that she needed to write them. She just brought them into universal existence by sheer self-confidence.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I confess, I am myself concerned about Sandra's attraction to Cammi being based on alcohol. No relationship that relies on at least one partner being mentally impaired to function properly is a healthy one.

That imagine spot of Sandra and Cammi getting married does look really cute, though, apart from Sandra's "gonna puke innna second" face. And only the second imagine spot wedding in this comic.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

they just need to have all 3 live happily ever after together

the ship San Campi
ImageImage

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

While I love shipping Cammi/Sandra/Pierre, I think its really disturbing that even Cammi thinks Sandra is being impulsive. And I'm not even touching the "keep me the right amount of drunk" line. :-o

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

LegendaryKroc wrote:I confess, I am myself concerned about Sandra's attraction to Cammi being based on alcohol.
I don't think alcohol has anything to do with Sandra's attraction towards Cammi (remember, she also found Didi to be particularly gorgeous, too) - it's the fact that she needed copious amounts of booze in order to make a play at Cammi that's the issue.

I'm just thankful that - so far - Cammi isn't like all the other people who Sandra has made drunken advances on; taking advantage of her inebriated state in order to partake in sexy times.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Possibly just because Cammi has learned Sandra's clear position on the subject when not drunk, which brings it home that this is, to some extent, the drink talking.
---------
Spidrift

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Fluffy wrote:
LegendaryKroc wrote:I confess, I am myself concerned about Sandra's attraction to Cammi being based on alcohol.
I don't think alcohol has anything to do with Sandra's attraction towards Cammi (remember, she also found Didi to be particularly gorgeous, too) - it's the fact that she needed copious amounts of booze in order to make a play at Cammi that's the issue.

I'm just thankful that - so far - Cammi isn't like all the other people who Sandra has made drunken advances on; taking advantage of her inebriated state in order to partake in sexy times.
many people "are too scared to ask people out when sober" thus they start drinking to get loose, many time sleading to people taking advantage of them, where they end up doing something they originally would not have even thought about doing EVER
ImageImage