2017-01-13 That day in the shower

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Cresset

Re: 2017-01-13 That day in the shower

Post by Cresset »

Alas, poor Pierre. I didn't know him very well.
dmra wrote:Well if Pierre finds out and isn't really happy with this I've got no idea where this leaves the "Must destroy Sandra" plot strand with Eloise.
It would have been fun to see him turn evil, but I think she'll just latch onto Tatiana and her thinly veiled desire to keep Dom to herself instead.
Maechris wrote:This strip has some potential to turn things interesting, I just don't particularly get that everyone' all fine and dandy with Sandra half-drunk cheating and acting like it's a good thing.
Because hot lesbians.

On that note, I'm expecting a guilty Sandra to confess what happened to Pierre when she gets back, home only to get a "fuck yeah" reaction from him.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

That's probably part of the problem. A lot of people are under the impression that a woman cheating is less bashworthy or serious if she was cheating with a women, straight-up expect a threesome if their significant other starts hooking up with a woman, or when watching from the outside basically go 'Hot lesbians, fuck yeah."

I've never been one of those groups of people.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Eisu wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:I'm amused at how the striped-line shading of Sandra's embarassment/drunkedness resolves when we zoom in. ;))
Zoom out, you mean, cos the close-up shots still has those lines... and I did draw the lines for the 4th panel, but due to her face and Cammi's face being smooshed together, the lines on Sandra's face just looked too weird so I decided to just not have them in.
No, I indeed mean zoom in - in panels 1 - 3.

As I understand it, the lines imply a darker skin shading, because she is red-faced and blushing, being embarassed and also probably because she is tipsy. Such a shading would not, in the real world, change if one zooms in, so one might expect the line density to remain constant here. Instead, it's like the lines are fixed, and therefore the spacing increases when zooming in.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

poor Pierre

victim of the classic "Quill/Luann" dilemma, where readers tend to think of "nice guys" as "too good to be true" thus start calling them "Dull, not exciting"
ImageImage

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Nonononono Sandra, DON'T...

This is not going to end well.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Don Alexander wrote:
Eisu wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:I'm amused at how the striped-line shading of Sandra's embarassment/drunkedness resolves when we zoom in. ;))
Zoom out, you mean, cos the close-up shots still has those lines... and I did draw the lines for the 4th panel, but due to her face and Cammi's face being smooshed together, the lines on Sandra's face just looked too weird so I decided to just not have them in.
No, I indeed mean zoom in - in panels 1 - 3.

As I understand it, the lines imply a darker skin shading, because she is red-faced and blushing, being embarassed and also probably because she is tipsy. Such a shading would not, in the real world, change if one zooms in, so one might expect the line density to remain constant here. Instead, it's like the lines are fixed, and therefore the spacing increases when zooming in.
Ohhh, right, ha ha ha, yeah, making the lines thicker would look really ugly so I just spaced em out instead ^o^

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

The positive thing about this "affair", if you can call it a positive thing, we get to know Pierre this way and complicates Sandra's relationship with Eloise and Nadine somewhat. That's my crappy brain speaking though so pay it no mind.
True_Avery wrote:Hey, at least I'm not a yaoi shipper. Those people are monsters ;D
There's something about this sentence that triggers me,..
Eh, probably nothing :P
An idiot on internet with memory problem.