2016-12-27 Mjowwwww

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

True_Avery

Re: 2016-12-27 Mjowwwww

Post by True_Avery »

Dorgengoa wrote:I would just like to point out that Ingrid's hand gestures are not how cat paws work. Cats spread their mitts as wide as they can, so they have more surface area for swatting. Ingrid and everyone else who does the half-fist thing is wrong and should be swiftly corrected, lest they continue to spread misinformation. Don't even bother trying to correct me, because I know how cats use their goddamn paws and can go fact-check at a moment's notice.
http://gifyu.com/images/AnimeCatGirlCute2.jpg

Anime says you are wrong, so you are wrong. Listen to the pussies.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Jean wrote:She knows that that comment would mean that Alex has to try again? And he just ran out of canvas space, at least with her...
Uh, no. He's got her lower body and her back.

I mean, the chance of him preserving an effective IQ greater than that of a sea cucumber if he goes there is kind of negligible, but...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

BEHOLD! PUSSY POWER!

Also, art recycling between panels 1 and 3. :P

Also, can some expert comment on Alex' T-shirt?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Graymalkin

Post by Graymalkin »

I'm pretty sure that's the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on Alex's T-shirt (as in "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.").

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Jean wrote:She knows that that comment would mean that Alex has to try again? And he just ran out of canvas space, at least with her...
Uh, no. He's got her lower body and her back.

I mean, the chance of him preserving an effective IQ greater than that of a sea cucumber if he goes there is kind of negligible, but...
Would you prefer him to be a horndog about it? Acting professionally is key to getting through this task and possibly getting future requests. I'd say his detachment is a remarkable sign of intelligence for a boy his age.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Alex is a good guy and, yes, he's clearly working very hard to preserve courtesy and detachment here. But he's also a teenage boy, so this specific circumstance is shutting his brain down. That's no criticism of him, it's just a comment on the inevitable.

(And now I'm remembering Eustace Boyce, Dark Esther, and a caravan in Wales...)
Graymalkin wrote:I'm pretty sure that's the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on Alex's T-shirt (as in "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.").
Looks like it to me, too. No connection to the scene here that I can think of; this isn't Gary in Ma3 with his supernatural powers of T-shirt selection.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Don Alexander wrote:BEHOLD! PUSSY POWER!

Also, art recycling between panels 1 and 3. :P

Also, can some expert comment on Alex' T-shirt?
Look carefully, there's art recycling in EVERY panel in this strip ^^

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

*finger guns at Eisu* AYYYYEEE lmao!!

Which is it Marie?!

ronbo

Post by ronbo »

So, will Marie's irritation be enough for her to get over her shyness and demand that Alex try again with her as a canvas?
I believe in the Bread Fairy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She looks more like she's going to start painting on Ingrid herself...
---------
Spidrift

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Marie just made an awful pun.
(She beat me to it.) :(

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

BlairFan, your reign is OVER! :P

@Eisu: Yup, only noticed it now. Too focused on what changed between panels 2 and 4. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

captainswift

Post by captainswift »

Well, Ingrid has suddenly become my favorite character with a tremendous leap.