2016-10-21 Hooking up with Dom

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

JoybuzzerX

Re: 2016-10-21 Hooking up with Dom

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Now this has left me wondering. Did Cammi and Dom hook up while Dom and Zoe were married? If they were divorced, is it really right to blame Cammi?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Forgotten that, thanks :) Still leaves one wondering why it bothers her so much, if she left him to begin with. Or did he leave her? But if he did, why stay working with him?

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that Cammi is deliberately prodding Zoé in what's just a moderately sore spot here. I imagine Zoé and Domenico breaking up with a lot of screaming rows and he-said-she-said, while there's still a lot of sexual chemistry mixed in with the old grudges, so Zoé just regards the subject as annoyingly messy.

And they stayed together for work purposes because they each admit that the other is good at what they do, so it's profitable, and neither wants to be the one to break up a good business partnership over mere personal emotions. That would be an admission of weakness.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Gotoh wrote:@Metahiax: That's the one I meant (not sure how I got the panels confused).

I dunno. It could be a bikini top, but, if so, that's some pretty thin string. If they're wearing micro-bikinis under their chute straps, then it practically amounts to the same thing. :-??

This is for this particular parachute bags they're wearing... some bags do have straps above the chest as well, but not this one.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Eisu: Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking of the skydiving rig guys usually wear, where the straps come over the shoulders and cover the chest (kinda ike a backpack).

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Eisu wrote:
Gotoh wrote:@Metahiax: That's the one I meant (not sure how I got the panels confused).

I dunno. It could be a bikini top, but, if so, that's some pretty thin string. If they're wearing micro-bikinis under their chute straps, then it practically amounts to the same thing. :-??
*Snip*
*Snip*
*Snip*

This is for this particular parachute bags they're wearing... some bags do have straps above the chest as well, but not this one.
Science'd.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Spidrift wrote:I think that Cammi is deliberately prodding Zoé in what's just a moderately sore spot here. I imagine Zoé and Domenico breaking up with a lot of screaming rows and he-said-she-said, while there's still a lot of sexual chemistry mixed in with the old grudges, so Zoé just regards the subject as annoyingly messy.

And they stayed together for work purposes because they each admit that the other is good at what they do, so it's profitable, and neither wants to be the one to break up a good business partnership over mere personal emotions. That would be an admission of weakness.
I think this is pretty much this as well, along with normal human reactions. I mean, how many people do you know who like to hear about their exes hooking up with people you literally always keep around you, like friends and coworkers? Even if Zoe and Domenico occasionally hook up themselves, I presume the good old 'I wanna hear nothing about my ex' new sex life' is still in play.

Also, Cammi is borderline obnoxious (if in a fun, charming way) with this. I mean, they had sex in what we can presume was *Zoe's car*, and now when Zoe was trying to ignore the issue like she usually does, she was about to suggest a threesome. Well earned sudden parachute opening, I'd say.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."