2016-09-23 Break for dinner

Post by Eisu »

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 2016-09-23 Break for dinner

Post by Azrael »

Ah, Demon Alchohol. Work you subtle, seductive wiles once again. :ymdevil:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

sandra, they said you are "plain beautiful", they did not say "plain bitter fool"
ImageImage

Taigan

Post by Taigan »

Once again, Sandra is a booze-powered Popeye. Consuming enough gives her super powers.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The question, given that Tatiana appears to be in charge of the bottle, is - Is this Tatiana being smart, or just lucky?

Also, odds on Zoé showing up just as the shoot is getting underway again?

Also, unless they were running for a long time, Domenico appears to have picked up the habit of calling the midday meal "dinner". Makes him sound oddly Yorkshire to my southern English ears...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

The background is supposed to be sunset, but it was a bit obscured due to the people in the foreground ^^;;;

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, okay - they were running for a long time. Yes, the background is quite shaded - I was just taking this for tropical azure blue, but "dusk" does make more sense. I guess this also gives Zoé more time to get there.

And I also guess that it explains why even the super-manly Domenico can be tired out.

Thanks for the clarification!
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

She may be ready to pose, but if the sun has set then Domenico won't have any light to work with.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I'd say this is a clear case of Le's YAY! :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:She may be ready to pose, but if the sun has set then Domenico won't have any light to work with.
I'm sure that he carries flash and stuff. Sandra nude in chiarascuro could doubtless be made quite fetching.
---------
Spidrift

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Okay, the "shy" part I can understand. But I have a hard time believing she's thinks she's "plain" considering all the people she's either hooked up with, or wanted to be with her - one of whom was an underwear model.

It'd be like listening to Layla call herself plain, despite her overwhelming popularity with all the guys at her school.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

You'd be surprised how people's self-esteem can work, especially women's. Especially if that woman really was an ugly duckling during high-school or earlier, which I'm pretty sure Sandra was. Take that woman, give her a makeover into stunning model-class looks with all the attention and other benefits that acquires, and odds are she'll still think of herself as that ugly duckling from high school, deep down.

However, get that woman drunk and all bets are off. :ymdevil:
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Exactly...Women punish themselves in the mirror a lot... We don't...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

themacnut wrote:You'd be surprised how people's self-esteem can work, especially women's. Especially if that woman really was an ugly duckling during high-school or earlier, which I'm pretty sure Sandra was. Take that woman, give her a makeover into stunning model-class looks with all the attention and other benefits that acquires, and odds are she'll still think of herself as that ugly duckling from high school, deep down.

However, get that woman drunk and all bets are off. :ymdevil:
http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... e_princess
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

themacnut wrote:You'd be surprised how people's self-esteem works, especially women's. Especially if that woman was an ugly duckling
wiseguy wrote:-link-
...except Sandra called herself "plain", not "ugly". Nor does wiseguy's link show she thought of herself that way, even in grade school. Plain and ugly are two different things.

But-- even if she had, it still wouldn't make it any easier to buy. It'd be like listening to a billionaire complain about not having enough money. To most people, it'd sound like bullsh*t 'cuz that billionaire's loaded.