Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2016-08-23 Send a lawyer!

Post by Eisu »

Mutant for Hire

Re: 2016-08-23 Send a lawyer!

Post by Mutant for Hire »

If that is ordinary for him, I want his life.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Who wouldn't?

Surprised Tatiana would be so sassy knowing what Zoe is capable of.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Did Zoe just imply Domenico has had crabs before?
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:Surprised Tatiana would be so sassy knowing what Zoe is capable of.
We've seen that everyone isn't intimidated by her. Domenico isn't, neither are Cammi and Eva.

Besides, Tatiana works for Domenico first and so does Zoé. So she's got the boss behind her.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

plus her just being on a screen helps.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:Surprised Tatiana would be so sassy knowing what Zoe is capable of.
We've seen that everyone isn't intimidated by her. Domenico isn't, neither are Cammi and Eva.

Besides, Tatiana works for Domenico first and so does Zoé. So she's got the boss behind her.
Considering that Zoe has her rooming with Sandra and sleeping in a bunk bed no less by her design Tatiana should take Zoe a little more seriously. And if Domenico isn't intimidated by her then why did he tell Tatiana to lie about his whereabouts immediately after being told she was asking for him? And if Eva doesn't fear Zoe then why did she abruptly change plans when Lukas imagined what Zoe might do if she found out that she was targeting her protege. As for Cammi I think Zoe tolerates her insubordination as long as she performs her duties efficiently. You could say the same of Tatiana, but when her lust and jealously get in the way she's not really being that efficient. And on this latest matter she really should be working with Zoe instead of enabling Domenico's latest flight of fancy. She might not get fired, but I can see Zoe making her life miserable.
True_Avery wrote:Did Zoe just imply Domenico has had crabs before?

Under normal circumstances I'd say no, but considering he's one of the few characters I've seen in the Menage a 3 universe that has axillary hair that might be possible.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cammi looks remarkably concerned in the last panel. I guess she has a degree of fondness for Lavali.

As to Tatiana - she's working directly for Domenico here. So far as she's concerned, she's an extension of his will. That means total confidence and no concern for her own safety.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:Considering that Zoe has her rooming with Sandra and sleeping in a bunk bed no less by her design Tatiana should take Zoe a little more seriously.
She's only going along with Zoé's arrangement on Domenico's say-so (1st panel here).
brasca wrote:And if Domenico isn't intimidated by her then why did he tell Tatiana to lie about his whereabouts immediately after being told she was asking for him?
Likely because he already knows what she's gonna say, and he doesn't wanna hear it. He's basically screening a phone call.
brasca wrote:And if Eva doesn't fear Zoe then why did she abruptly change plans when Lukas imagined what Zoe might do if she found out that she was targeting her protege.
You mean the same one that belted her in public?

The only thing Zoé has on her (besides brawn) is the threat of an old photo, and we know the threat's empty 'cuz Zoé said the photo doesn't exist. It hasn't stopped Eva from going after her, regardless.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:

Wrong on several of these, we already saw Zoe get the better of Eva, which is why she resorts to trickery. We also saw her get the better of Domenico.

You also forget that the reason Tatiana bunks with Sandra, which she's not happy with, is because Zoe decreed it.

The only reason Tatiana is cocky here is because Zoe isn't right next to her and doesn't know where they are.
Gotoh wrote:

Who's carrying who in that last panel you linked to? That still ended in Zoe's favor.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:We also saw her get the better of Domenico.
They've gone tit-for-tat. Or did you forget...?
Cortez wrote:You also forget that the reason Tatiana bunks with Sandra, which she's not happy with, is because Zoe decreed it.
And you've forgotten who Zoé works for. Tatiana only went along with it because Domenico agreed to it. Notice whose order she said she was following.
Cortez wrote:Who's carrying who in that last panel you linked to?
Yet, Eva wasn't backing down in that scene. She was out muscled, not intimidated.

OrlahEhontas

Post by OrlahEhontas »

I'm just wondering if she wants guns and money as well, 'cuz those may be harder to get than the lawyer. Cheaper, but still harder to get...

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Cortez wrote: You also forget that the reason Tatiana bunks with Sandra, which she's not happy with, is because Zoe decreed it.
Might as well give author's word on this one.. Zoe did not decree for Tatiana to live with Sandra, Zoe has no reason to have Tatiana living with Sandra, Domenico however does need Tatiana to live with Sandra to be his eyes on her kinda thing...

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... investment

However, the bunk bed is Zoe's idea.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Always nice to get Word Of God on a contended subject.
Spidrift wrote:Cammi looks remarkably concerned in the last panel. I guess she has a degree of fondness for Lavali.
I read her expression more as "Wait... she's naked, in close proximity to Domenico, mentions crabs and... Oh dear."
Last edited by Osaru Sensei on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:Considering that Zoe has her rooming with Sandra and sleeping in a bunk bed no less by her design Tatiana should take Zoe a little more seriously.
She's only going along with Zoé's arrangement on Domenico's say-so (1st panel here).
Yes and while Eisu has confirmed that the decision to have Tatiana to live with Sandra was Domenico's the bunk bed idea was Zoe's so I stand by my statement that she can make her life miserable if she so chooses.
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:And if Domenico isn't intimidated by her then why did he tell Tatiana to lie about his whereabouts immediately after being told she was asking for him?
Likely because he already knows what she's gonna say, and he doesn't wanna hear it. He's basically screening a phone call.
Because he is intimidated by Zoe, sexually. She overturned his decision to interfere with Sandra's career and he knows she can do it again after "vigorous negotiations."
Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:And if Eva doesn't fear Zoe then why did she abruptly change plans when Lukas imagined what Zoe might do if she found out that she was targeting her protege.

The only thing Zoé has on her (besides brawn) is the threat of an old photo, and we know the threat's empty 'cuz Zoé said the photo doesn't exist. It hasn't stopped Eva from going after her, regardless.
Because she is intimidated by Zoe, professionally. Eva doesn't fear Zoe's physical strength, but her clout in the modeling business. Seriously a brawl would actually make Eva look like a victim of a bully and win her sympathy. Eva fears what Zoe could do to her career if she really went gunning for her which is why she decided to go along with Lukas' plan.