2016-08-09 Your plain friend

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Gotoh

Re: 2016-08-09 Kind of naked

Post by Gotoh »

wiseguy wrote:I want to live in a land where Lavali is plain :x
Agreed, albeit for different reasons.

I have hard buying that Lavali is "plain," even by Domenico's standards, given Lavali has a history of getting *** from a slew of hot women (including one who's a dead ringer for Misato Katsuragi). /:)

Ecchi-Spud
Wielder of the Remote

Post by Ecchi-Spud »

Right now, I am imagining Lavali going "Zoenator" on Tatiana.

"Your swimsuit. Give it to me -- NOW."
Many thanks to Raamyah for the avvie!!!!

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Domenico not noticing Lavali even though she's naked kinda makes sense since he's a fashion (and nude portraits?) photographer. You get desentizised from nudity pretty quickly in that industry based on what people have said.
Especially runway shows, where you have very limited time to change. It's off with one outfit, on with the next and out again. Nobody reacts to the nudity in between unless they are very new.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well, I feel kinda late to this discussion. Totally missed the opportunity to say what dorogáya was.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Gotoh wrote:

I have hard buying that Lavali is "plain," even by Domenico's standards, given Lavali has a history of getting *** from a slew of hot women (including one who's a dead ringer for Misato Katsuragi). /:)

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

CPR girl
ImageImage

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Gotoh wrote:

Those could be "plain" girls. We also don't know if she's had a slew of girlfriends. We know she's had four of them and the last one did not look hot. :p Plus the one who's using her for information.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Lavali may be "plain" but she's a hottie with a body! <3
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

JoybuzzerX wrote:We know she's had four of them and the last one did not look hot.
Speak for yourself; shaved sides, spiked hair, yes please
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Jean

Post by Jean »

On the upside Lavali didn't seem to have endured any tentacle trauma, well an uncovered one that is.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

True_Avery wrote:
JoybuzzerX wrote:We know she's had four of them and the last one did not look hot.
Speak for yourself; shaved sides, spiked hair, yes please
Okay, she wasn't what one would call traditionally hot :P

Reading the comic again, one would have thought she'd be greatful Domenico didn't notice her, as she seems quite upset and flustered that he could have.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

it's not that she's not grateful that Domenico didn't notice her, but being called plain by anyone would just be upsetting.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, anyone who knows that, objectively, they're pretty good looking. Some of us accept that we can't claim too much for our looks, put that issue aside, and get on with life.

But Lavali must know, in her heart of hearts, that she's more than okay when it comes to appearance. So yeah, calling her plain is just going to look like a gratuitous insult.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cresset

Re: 2016-08-09 Your plain friend

Post by Cresset »

Domenico's larger-than-life personality isn't the kind that stoops to petty insults. He's just stating what he sees as a fact with blunt honesty, like a kid genius assuring you that he'll use small words to explain his theory if you ask him what the scribbles on the chalkboard mean.