Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2016-03-11 Let's talk about youuuu

Post by Eisu »

wiseguy

Re: 2016-03-11 Let's talk about youuuu

Post by wiseguy »

why I feel that somehow all of this comes to help Sandra instead of hurting her?
ImageImage

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...um... does Sandra realize what "I want details" sounds like?

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Sandra is a nice person and not stupid, but I'm not sure she's ever been shown to be terribly bright either. :p

That said, I feel like this is more likely to bite Lavali in the butt more than Sandra.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Lavali is now an unwitting Manchurian agent?
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

brasca

Post by brasca »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:...um... does Sandra realize what "I want details" sounds like?
Why should she be suspicious? Lavali is a friend with no interest in becoming a model so she knows she's not a potential rival. And Sandra needs someone she can complain to about all the demands of her job and Lavali has all the motivation to listen.

This may not be all that helpful to Eva since this reminds me of the time from Magick Chicks when Faith asked Jacqui for information about her friends and was subjected to endless amounts of boring gossip.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that Sandra maybe needs to learn that, once you become any sort of celeb, if someone in the room has a reporter's notepad and a pen (or a voice recorder, or, well, anything with audio recording capability) out, you don't say anything. Possibly not even "Hello".

Anyone want to fill in the obscured bits of text in panel 4? We do gather that Sandra is probably not very worried about nudity now, but is clueless about brand management...

Oh, and hey, we've sneaked up on strip #299. So we can probably expect some kind of echo next time.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

brasca wrote:
Storm-forge mystique wrote:...um... does Sandra realize what "I want details" sounds like?
Why should she be suspicious? Lavali is a friend with no interest in becoming a model so she knows she's not a potential rival. And Sandra needs someone she can complain to about all the demands of her job and Lavali has all the motivation to listen.

This may not be all that helpful to Eva since this reminds me of the time from Magick Chicks when Faith asked Jacqui for information about her friends and was subjected to endless amounts of boring gossip.
I think SFM is talknig about Sandra's dialogue in volume 2 saying "I want details" and... I dunno what SFM is talking about in that context other than me thinking that it sounds like, "I want the tails"? I dunno...

I mean, I though girlfriends always say "I want details" or "Gimme the deets" when they wanna know what happened on their friends' dates...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Just out of sheer nosiness, Eisu, does a full version of the background text in panel 4 exist, or did Dave just give you the fragments we can see?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Strip 299!!! Now we wait for the Season finale... I mean, the end of Volume 2... I miss Game of Thrones...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

8 O Sandra will end up on the rocks (of humiliation) if she keeps talking on and on like this. :(

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift wrote:Just out of sheer nosiness, Eisu, does a full version of the background text in panel 4 exist, or did Dave just give you the fragments we can see?
There is actually a full version but I don't know if I can post it here or not... I'll ask Dave... cos the obscured text is really the comedy behind this strip ^o^

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True. I wouldn't want to spoil a gag. I guess I was just curious about the creative process there.
---------
Spidrift

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Just got the go-ahead, here ya go:

"So anyways, I think Domenico wants me to do nudes for a piece he's putting together. Zoé fights with him about it, something about "protecting my brand," whatever that means. Not to mention Tatiana flips out slightly whenever he brings it up. I'm starting to see more of Zoé's business. She has her fingers in a lot of pots. I think she wants Marie to join her model agency after she graduates. I guess that's up to Marie, but when Zoé wants her way, Zoé gets her way. Can't blame her, tho': Marie is so young and yet so multitalented. That kid'll go far. So anyways, I accidentally sat on Tatiana's tablet again and..."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Thanks... That's actually more plot-relevant than I expected, as well as funny... The idea of Tatiana wigging out at the thought of Domenico seeing Sandra in the nude, and then Sandra sitting Yulia, repeatedly... May explain why Tatiana may not be reconciled with Sandra in the near future.

Must... Refrain... From... Suggesting... That... Domenico's project should be the postcards to go with the next print volume.
---------
Spidrift