Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2016-02-26 Lowly coffee shop girl

Post by Eisu »

Zippy

Re: 2016-02-26 Lowly coffee shop girl

Post by Zippy »

Is this going to presage another burst of posting? *raised eyebrow*

[The part I really don't understand is why you splurged like that if you weren't going to be able to keep the pace up, rather than just posting them on Tues/Fri and building a buffer that way!]

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Well, if I were to keep doing it with Tue/Fri updates AND backdate the comic, I'd never give the illusion of catching up to myself cos the update days is not more in a week than what I'd usually do and the dates would never catch up then...

Also, that moment I so-called "splurge", I had a lot of free time on my hand cos the workload from my dayjob lessened a bit, but now it stacked back up and I couldn't do anything about it. So it's not that I couldn't "keep up the pace" but more like, "I did what I can with what I have but when the circumstances doesn't help me, I have to stop"

Now, I know what you're going to say, "Then don't backdate the comic", understandable, but I just want to backdate til the end of Vol.2, then I'll skip the dates to current dates when we get to it, but for now, just relax while I keep on backdating and enjoy this absolutely free comic online and if you can't enjoy it because of the sporadic update, I'm really sorry, but I can't help you there as my life requires bills to pay and pay from my online endeavours are just not enough to sustain my life. Trust me, if my online projects are enough to pay my bills, I'd quit my dayjob and concentrate solely on ALL my webcomics

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

So does Eva genuinely think Lavali is a model working for Zoe or is she simply sweet talking her?

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

I'm assuming Eva thinks Lavali is a model. Not an established or famous one, and certainly not competition, but Eva would probably be confused by the idea of Zoe hanging out with anyone outside the industry.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

The "SNAP" effect next to Laurie's head means she's about to scratch someone's eyes out...

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Eisu wrote:...just relax while I keep on backdating and enjoy this absolutely free comic online and if you can't enjoy it because of the sporadic update[s],...
Oh, I can live with it. It's your* pageviews & ad revenues that must take a hit the less regular things get, not mine!

*"Your" referring to Pixie Trix, not you (Eisu) solo.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Alexander Collins wrote:The "SNAP" effect next to Laurie's head means she's about to scratch someone's eyes out...
Why? She already put up with Eva commandeering her clothes if she didn't stand up for herself then I doubt she will after hearing those indirect jibes.

Lavali must be too enamored to not notice something as out of the ordinary as a lowly waitress wearing an expensive dress.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Zippy wrote:
Eisu wrote:...just relax while I keep on backdating and enjoy this absolutely free comic online and if you can't enjoy it because of the sporadic update[s],...
Oh, I can live with it. It's your* pageviews & ad revenues that must take a hit the less regular things get, not mine!

Which is their problem to worry about, and not yours. So maybe instead of adding to their stress with unhelpful complaints and second guessing, you can act like an adult and accept the fact that sometimes the pixie-trix crew has to set priorities, and your personal entertainment is not always at the top of the list.

You claim you can live with it, but can you live with it quietly[i/]?
Yet still, I live...

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Because I post this all the time in every thread...? :rolleyes:

I said my piece once. The other two whole posts - including this one - are responding to people playing the man and not the ball...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:So does Eva genuinely think Lavali is a model working for Zoe or is she simply sweet talking her?
I suspect that Eva has a pretty good idea of the truth. She's mean, but I think she's also fairly shrewd; Lavali doesn't have the habitual poise of a model, and I imagine that Eva has a fairly encyclopedic knowledge of the Paris modelling business.

Anyhow, the questions I'm left with here are:

(a) What is actually snapping in that last panel?

(b) How has Eva extracted unquestioning conformity from Laure? I mean, sheer intimidation shouldn't be this reliable, she didn't seem to know her before, so blackmail data would be unlikely, and if it was bribery, she'd be pushing her luck with all the bullying and snarking.

(Hmm - I assumed that Eva didn't know this coffee shop at all. But I guess if she had more prior intelligence on the place and its staff than was implied in the previous strip, it would explain a lot.)

Also, is it me, or are the characters' heads growing larger and larger in proportion to their bodies?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@Zippy: Well, the point is, it seems someone always brings up this topic whenever Eisu posts a new comic after a more or less long hiatus. And it's not like it ever helped, you know?

[/actual modding]
brasca wrote:Lavali must be too enamored to not notice something as out of the ordinary as a lowly waitress wearing an expensive dress.
Yes, this was my first thought too. I'd have thought if Eva were intelligent, she would have also convinced the manager to give Laure the rest of Laure's actual shift off, to get her out of there and prevent her from spilling the beans. But then, it's a comic, it follows its own logic.

@Spidrift: "art evolution". :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Zippy wrote:

I dunno dude, complaining about the lack of updates isn't exactly "living with it"... that's more like, "Can't let it go"

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I wonder why Eva went with waitress as her cover?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Cortez: Because she knows Lavalii has low self-esteem, so the goal is to portray herself as being down-to-earth. That way, Lavalii won't be intimidated by her and hopefully tell Eva what she needs to know.