Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2016-02-23 Finer details

Post by Eisu »

Jackass Mask

Re: 2016-02-23 Finer details

Post by Jackass Mask »

Oh yeah. I had forgotten about subplot #375. A different rival that will attempt to spy on Sandra through silly infiltration plot #26. How could I forget?

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

At least cute waiter girl got a dress that costs more than she makes in a year out of it.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Jackass Mask wrote:Oh yeah. I had forgotten about subplot #375. A different rival that will attempt to spy on Sandra through silly infiltration plot #26. How could I forget?
You are mistaken, Eva is Zoe's rival. Eloise is Sandra's rival.

And Eva is using Lavali to spy on Zoe.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

She will also require your boots and your motorcycle (without saying please).

B-)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

Postby Cortez » Thu May 19, 2016 12:13 am

Jackass Mask wrote:
Oh yeah. I had forgotten about subplot #375. A different rival that will attempt to spy on Sandra through silly infiltration plot #26. How could I forget?

I'm aware. And to go further, she is trying to spy on Sandra to find out what Zoe is up to in hopes of destroying both. My real chagrin with this comic, and with all the other branching Ma3 comics, is they get mired in endless subplots. So much so that they created more comics, and now those comics are being further drenched in subplots. I really wanna know what Sandra is up to. You know, the person with her name in the title.

brasca

Post by brasca »

lordoffiling wrote:At least cute waiter girl got a dress that costs more than she makes in a year out of it.
More than Lavali got out of her first encounter with Zoe, but then again Zoe really couldn't offer anything in exchange at the time and made up for it later.
Jackass Mask wrote:

Postby Cortez » Thu May 19, 2016 12:13 am

Jackass Mask wrote:

I'm aware. And to go further, she is trying to spy on Sandra to find out what Zoe is up to in hopes of destroying both. My real chagrin with this comic, and with all the other branching Ma3 comics, is they get mired in endless subplots. So much so that they created more comics, and now those comics are being further drenched in subplots. I really wanna know what Sandra is up to. You know, the person with her name in the title.
And some of us like the supporting characters that were created to interact with Sandra. It may have Sandra's name in the title, but it's quickly become an ensemble because there is only so much mileage you can get out of a woman who stumbles into a modeling career largely because of luck and intoxication.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I have to say that the multiple subplots are maybe getting a bit out of hand in SotR, though. And we are seeing a bit of repetition. We've had the bullying Amazon model going "Give me your clothes!"; we've got the vengeful jealous loony and her sidekick pulling an over-complicated spying plot... And now we're getting both of them twice. Big whoop.

We're almost at the end of volume 2 now, and we've had some good individual strips in the last 150, but I sometimes struggle to think what's actually happened in that time. Has the plot moved forward? Or have we just had new iterations of the same gags?
Last edited by Spidrift on Thu May 19, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

It may seem repetitive, but keep in mind Eva is a rival of Zoe so it's no surprise she'll use her playbook of intimidating women with little confidence to get what she wants. And while I'm not all that interested in the plots concerning Alex and Marie Lavali is my favorite so I'm happy to see how this subplot will unfold.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It may seem repetitive because it is repetitive... And honestly, I'd be fairly happy to watch either of these plots unfold. It's watching both of them, jumping back and forth, both more similar than different, each slowing the other to a crawl, that irritates me. Especially as I bet we'll jump to some other plot before either of them gets anywhere.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

SAGG

Post by SAGG »

Geez, she even took the poor woman's glasses, too! She's really playing the part! :))

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

Why does she need to wear another girl's cloth?
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Because her regular clothes don't make her look at all like she works in that place?
---------
Spidrift

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

I recognize everyone's gripes, but personally none or them bother me. Despite it all I just really love this series direction haha

It may have to do with all the queer girls blinding me, but If this comic were a meal I'd eat enough of it to make me sick
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

lordoffiling wrote:At least cute waiter girl got a dress that costs more than she makes in a year out of it.
She doesn't seem too happy about it though. Probably because the dress doesn't fit her nearly as well as it did its original owner.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard