Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2016-01-26 We moved in together

Post by Eisu »

wm247

Re: 2016-01-26 We moved in together

Post by wm247 »

Eisu, I enjoy this plot with Sandra and Marie so far, but I do miss one thing here.

What actually happened with Lavali and Eva dating? Any plan from Dave to show us these two within several next strips? :-?

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Eisu seems to be doing a rather impressive sprint at the moment. I'm enjoying the more frequent than planned updates.

As for this strip itself I kind of wander what criteria Sandra used when thinking Marie might be a good match for that model. Also, what kind of gigs she's been working besides the Dark Matter stuff. I assume it's a throwaway joke about how ragingly hetero her libido is, but a gaming geek male model could be fun in a few scenarios.

So many plates in the air, Eva's the one I'm most curious since she may come with the bonus of bringing in a Zoe centered plot line.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Don't worry, with 14 Strips 'till the end of vol. 2 We will soon know something about Eva and Lavali...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Can't win for losing, the poor kid... ^_^;

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Congratulations, Marie, seems you were very convincing!

LoL at the unlocked achievement. :D

Also, chapter end? Smells like it.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Odd Man Out wrote:Eisu seems to be doing a rather impressive sprint at the moment. I'm enjoying the more frequent than planned updates.
Yeah, I'm happy with that too.
Odd Man Out wrote:As for this strip itself I kind of wander what criteria Sandra used when thinking Marie might be a good match for that model.
Umm, maybe "he's really cute and about her age"? Sandra isn't a deep thinker.
Error of Logic wrote:Can't win for losing, the poor kid...
In a very nice and accurate sense, Marie needs to realise that life is not a game.
Don Alexander wrote:Also, chapter end? Smells like it.
As rogermart notes, that's 14 strips away. I'm wildly guessing that we'll get some kind of reveal about the Lavali/Eva sub-plot there. Maybe the echo of #151 will be a face-to-face conversation between Zoé and Lavali.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

I do admit I am keen to see how Lavali and Eva are doing, if only because I hope it goes something like... Eva uses Lavali, Lavali finds out and is crushed, Eva does actually find out she ended up having feelings for Lavali and then tries to win her back in classic questionable fictional romance fashion, and then boom - making out.

Maybe its just me. Even never having seen them date, I think Lavali and Eva as a concept are super freaking cute. Lavali is the adorable, low self esteem regular girl who can't hold onto a relationship and is down in the dumps and just wants love and Eva is basically the second hottest woman in French modeling (in-universe) who is high on herself, seemingly only cares for lust (both physically and materially), and is more in love with herself than anymore. If they can do the fictional dance of balancing themselves out, Lavali getting more confident with basically her idea of a dream girl and Eva finding a soul somewhere in her plastic heart, I think it could be oodles of fun to read.

I have a soft spot for drama romance, and dommy model girl seducing a shy average girl stories no matter how wildly unrealistic they are. Sue me.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Snag with that is, people who actually know Eva seem to reckon that she's fairly solidly straight. For her to get genuinely romantic with Lavali would require a simultaneous face-heel turn and a sexuality inversion (for a woman who generally seems to know her own mind pretty well). It could be done, but there'd be a lot of plot involved.

Plus, let's face it, Eva's current role in the plot is as a comedy, not-quite-capable-enough antagonist for Zoé. Throwing her into a face-heel turn wastes that. Dave may prefer to hang onto it.

My guess is that we get a bit of temporary tragedy for poor Lavali, but then Zoé finds out and turns this around somehow out of a combination of liking for Lavali and dislike for Eva. Bonus points if, instead, Zoé works out what's going on before Lavali finds out that she's being used, and forces Eva to let Lavali down gently. But that could take some doing. Maybe more likely, we find out just what Lavali is capable of when she actually gets angry.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

I'm thinking that Lavali will cry if she knows that she's being used...
We have to wait though, it seems like that part will happens after dozens/hundreds of strips or so...
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Poor Marie, it's to bad none in the Me3 universe know when to just come clean. :p Or just be honest to begin with.

brasca

Post by brasca »

It's the active ingredient in every farce. Without it plots would be dull.
True_Avery wrote:I do admit I am keen to see how Lavali and Eva are doing, if only because I hope it goes something like... Eva uses Lavali, Lavali finds out and is crushed, Eva does actually find out she ended up having feelings for Lavali and then tries to win her back in classic questionable fictional romance fashion, and then boom - making out.

Maybe its just me. Even never having seen them date, I think Lavali and Eva as a concept are super freaking cute. Lavali is the adorable, low self esteem regular girl who can't hold onto a relationship and is down in the dumps and just wants love and Eva is basically the second hottest woman in French modeling (in-universe) who is high on herself, seemingly only cares for lust (both physically and materially), and is more in love with herself than anymore. If they can do the fictional dance of balancing themselves out, Lavali getting more confident with basically her idea of a dream girl and Eva finding a soul somewhere in her plastic heart, I think it could be oodles of fun to read.

I have a soft spot for drama romance, and dommy model girl seducing a shy average girl stories no matter how wildly unrealistic they are. Sue me.
For me it is nerd girls, but Lavali is close enough which is probably why she's my favorite in this strip.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

I lump nerd girls in with the regular category, but yes. Lavali is the break out star for me as well
Spidrift wrote:Snag with that is, people who actually know Eva seem to reckon that she's fairly solidly straight. For her to get genuinely romantic with Lavali would require a simultaneous face-heel turn and a sexuality inversion (for a woman who generally seems to know her own mind pretty well). It could be done, but there'd be a lot of plot involved.
B-but... everyone is bi... right Marie? oh...

Dreams crushed, ship sinking...
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Asellus

Post by Asellus »

I only found the other day there were 2 spinoff comics to Ma3. D'oh to me. Anyway I finished reading Sandra OTR right now; I will get to SDB asap, when I have time.

Question: the Dave credited as author for Sandra OTR, is he the same Dave from Ma3?
And does Gisele has a hand in this spinoff, as she has in SDB? (she seems to be nowhere in the credits, thus the question.....)

More on subject, big lol at the "achievement unlocked" thing. Minor nitpick: bossom should be bosom. Unless it's trying to sound like Ingrid?

And also, big SIGH! at Marie, we established as canon she's in love with Alex just now, and she's already ready for nookie with some guy she doesn't even know, just because he's hot!
(oh whatever, not my beeswax, I won't judge.....)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Asellus wrote:Question: the Dave credited as author for Sandra OTR, is he the same Dave from Ma3?
And does Gisele has a hand in this spinoff, as she has in SDB? (she seems to be nowhere in the credits, thus the question.....)
Question 1: Yes.
Question 2: Not sure how much she may be (minorly) involved in the storyline, but the artwork is exclusively done by Eisu. I guess it might be one of those "based on Characters created by Giz" things.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)