Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Asellus

Re: 2016-01-26 We moved in together

Post by Asellus »

Thank you for the info! :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Asellus wrote:And also, big SIGH! at Marie, we established as canon she's in love with Alex just now, and she's already ready for nookie with some guy she doesn't even know, just because he's hot!
(oh whatever, not my beeswax, I won't judge.....)
Alex is looking possibly unavailable because of cluelessness. And that boy is very cute. I think that she's allowed a momentary hormonal twinge.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Asellus

Post by Asellus »

Spidrift wrote:And that boy is very cute. I think that she's allowed a momentary hormonal twinge.
This part, I get your meaning, and as I said before I won't judge. But...
Spidrift wrote:Alex is looking possibly unavailable because of cluelessness.
This, I don't get at all. Say what again? Alex is what?

neneroi

Post by neneroi »

He means Marie is half-persuaded that there will never be a romantic relationship between her and Alex (yes, even with Ingrid's help) because Alex is too clueless and never gets the hints Marie sends him.

I know: it seems kind of funny in the Ma3-verse, where women usually go after the men they like with the ferocity of a hunting panther... but that's the thing with Marie: she's very passive, and obviously believes the man must make the first move or it won't work.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I wouldn't say very passive. Just a bit confused and unwilling to do all the work.

She's a teenager, darn it - young by the general standards of this comic. Some confusion is permitted.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

neneroi

Post by neneroi »

Eh, nothing wrong with being passive, you know. It's one way of playing it.

Some like to seduce, others to be seduced, 's all.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

True_Avery wrote:I lump nerd girls in with the regular category, but yes. Lavali is the break out star for me as well
Spidrift wrote:Snag with that is, people who actually know Eva seem to reckon that she's fairly solidly straight. For her to get genuinely romantic with Lavali would require a simultaneous face-heel turn and a sexuality inversion (for a woman who generally seems to know her own mind pretty well). It could be done, but there'd be a lot of plot involved.
B-but... everyone is bi... right Marie? oh...

Dreams crushed, ship sinking...
If everyone turned out to be bi, then Lavali would turn out to be bi. :p

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

She can be as bi as she wants. I just want her to be Eva's princess because I'm yuri trash
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

AmiKobayashi

Post by AmiKobayashi »

True_Avery wrote:I do admit I am keen to see how Lavali and Eva are doing, if only because I hope it goes something like... Eva uses Lavali, Lavali finds out and is crushed, Eva does actually find out she ended up having feelings for Lavali and then tries to win her back in classic questionable fictional romance fashion, and then boom - making out.

Maybe its just me. Even never having seen them date, I think Lavali and Eva as a concept are super freaking cute. Lavali is the adorable, low self esteem regular girl who can't hold onto a relationship and is down in the dumps and just wants love and Eva is basically the second hottest woman in French modeling (in-universe) who is high on herself, seemingly only cares for lust (both physically and materially), and is more in love with herself than anymore. If they can do the fictional dance of balancing themselves out, Lavali getting more confident with basically her idea of a dream girl and Eva finding a soul somewhere in her plastic heart, I think it could be oodles of fun to read.

I have a soft spot for drama romance, and dommy model girl seducing a shy average girl stories no matter how wildly unrealistic they are. Sue me.
:-o

Really?

This is the sort of story you'd like to read?

A fantasy where Eva seduces Lavali, makes the innocent girl fall in love, dumps her after achieving some nefarious goal... and then, to her shock, realizes that she too has fallen for Lavali (yes, even though she used to be straight before) and must accomplish some truly amazing feat to earn her forgiveness and win back her heart? And they seal their reconciliation with a passionate kiss?

The very definition of Redemption by Love: the heroine with a pure heart cleansing with the power of love the dark soul of the villain! This sort of story?

You like to imagine romantic plots such as this one?

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

You have no idea - I just spent the last 6 hours not sleeping and instead 100%'ing a yuri/lesbian dating sim. I am not fit for this world for I am yuri trash.

Holy Fuck was it cute as hell though. It make my cold heart experience the feeling of warmth.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Asellus

Post by Asellus »

I'm all for it as long as it's fun. It's a romance plot that needs a light comedy touch, no random angst, or rather no angst unless mixed with comedy. Eg Eloise and Nadine who in some ways are doing already the "use you/love you" plot with a lot of mixed fun and silliness.

Also, thanks to everybody who helped explain that thing before with Alex.