2016-01-15 Ingrid is starkers

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

KittyHat

Re: 2016-01-15 Ingrid is starkers

Post by KittyHat »

rpr wrote:
True_Avery wrote:Good bye, Ingrid. You were obviously too smart for the MA3-verse. I will miss your sharp mind, and your rocking body.
Who said that Ingrid will leave? Maybe she would get friend with Marie, moving forward the "pissed out" moment
The problem with that is that just like Avery said, Ingrid appears to be too intelligent and well-adjusted to be a regular. She quickly grasped the situation (smart/perceptive), and she appears to have neither devised a stalkery, crazy way to undermine Alex and/or win Marie nor resorted to violence or even just raising her voice. She patiently and quietly stood hidden behind a door until Alex left without doing or saying anything to create additional problems.

Her solution at this point appears to be "calmly get dressed and leave." She's obviously (and understandably!) peeved, but she's reacting like a mature adult about it. Which ... pretty much makes her not fit into this universe unless the other shoe simply has yet to drop.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

LarsenSan wrote:Love Ingrid's expression in the second panel. LOVE IT! :x
Heh, yeah. It practically screams "I am not amused at being tossed in a closet. I am not amused AT ALL!" without saying a word. It's almost...British in it's efficiency. And hilarity.

She really is showing exceptional maturity for this 'verse in her reaction though. I think Avery's right, we won't see Ingrid again. Really, why would she want to be bothered with someone who tossed her in a closet anyway?
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Boomer_Gonzales

Post by Boomer_Gonzales »

She knows because she is Swedish...as in the Norse.

And the Norse DO NOT mess around.

Here's a picture for reference.

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

I'm gonna go with a curveball here, and say that Ingrid would now like to pursue Alex for herself. We have no shortage of vindictive jerkasses of both genders in these comics.
This is getting out of hand.

Wordsmythe

Post by Wordsmythe »

Ingrid is my new favorite character. :x

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

"Ingrid is starkers" is probably better than "Ingrid is stalkers".
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

brasca

Post by brasca »

KittyHat wrote:
rpr wrote:
True_Avery wrote:Good bye, Ingrid. You were obviously too smart for the MA3-verse. I will miss your sharp mind, and your rocking body.
Who said that Ingrid will leave? Maybe she would get friend with Marie, moving forward the "pissed out" moment
The problem with that is that just like Avery said, Ingrid appears to be too intelligent and well-adjusted to be a regular. She quickly grasped the situation (smart/perceptive), and she appears to have neither devised a stalkery, crazy way to undermine Alex and/or win Marie nor resorted to violence or even just raising her voice. She patiently and quietly stood hidden behind a door until Alex left without doing or saying anything to create additional problems.

Her solution at this point appears to be "calmly get dressed and leave." She's obviously (and understandably!) peeved, but she's reacting like a mature adult about it. Which ... pretty much makes her not fit into this universe unless the other shoe simply has yet to drop.
Very probably. But I wouldn't rule out some plot convenience keeping her in the strip. She might be related to one of the other characters who isn't well-adjusted.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well, there are no flies on Ingrid. I do wonder how much more we'll see of her before the end of the comic.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Ingrid, that bra really shouldn't be hiding anything. Seriously.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous