2016-04-01 Is this the end? (April Fools strip, taken down)

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Re: 2016-04-01 Is this the end?

Post by Raamyah »

As much as I love the story as it is in the "non-Fools" universe, I would really, really love to see this storyline continued! She returns to Planet Didi, where she meets the Queen and her pet buttmonkey, Gary!

Fine. I'll just sit in the corner and secretly desire it.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

brasca wrote:Second comic I've read today with a shocking announcement that I realized 5 seconds later was an April Fool's joke.
I hate April 1st...have ever since I was a child.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:such a digression from the ongoing plot
But it fits perfectly in the ongoing plot! :P

Would be hilarious if the next comic had Alex shocked at Ingrid having decloseted herself, but without any mention of Starfire Sandra at all. And then it just goes on normally.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

'J' wrote:people really need to lighten up about the update-frequency of their free entertainment
You're right that it's free, but did you think when it comes time to do the KS, being constantly up to date could help them get more funds?

tityanya

Post by tityanya »

I was seriously confused as to what was going on, thanks everyone for reminding me it's April Fool's! :))

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
'J' wrote:people really need to lighten up about the update-frequency of their free entertainment
You're right that it's free, but did you think when it comes time to do the KS, being constantly up to date could help them get more funds?
i think that's not my problem to worry about
Yet still, I live...

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Well, the Kickstarter main event is the Ma3 book, and they always deliver their 150 strips per year, Sticky Dilly Buns is also an item this year and they updated it regularly until the last strip (which completes book #2), and i'm confident that they will complete the 19 remaining strips to add Sandra Vol 2 to the list.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Cresset

Post by Cresset »

It's all fun and games until the next comic reveals this really happened.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

'J' wrote:
JoybuzzerX wrote:
i think that's not my problem to worry about
Then why mention people should lighten up on the frequency of their free entertainment, when it wasn't your problem to deal with that comment ;p

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

SOTR never had a Kickstarter... the Kickstarter have always been for Ma3 and SOTR is a stretch goal or add on, so yeah, even if SOTR updates infrequently, I'm pretty sure the Ma3 Kickstarter will get their funds no problem because it has always been for Ma3 and not for SOTR.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

It would kick ass if this were canon. I've always rather liked "the prank is that there is no prank"... besides, I kind of don't want to lose this Ingrid moment.

Sandra will probably land back on this rock sooner or later, and it's really been more Alex/Marie/Lavali's show for a while now.

Besides, it would explain why she gave her school presentation in English.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Eisu wrote:SOTR never had a Kickstarter... the Kickstarter have always been for Ma3 and SOTR is a stretch goal or add on, so yeah, even if SOTR updates infrequently, I'm pretty sure the Ma3 Kickstarter will get their funds no problem because it has always been for Ma3 and not for SOTR.
Exactly, and i'm positive you will finish the 19 remaining strips for book#2 by the time the Ma3 vol.8 Kickstarter goes online, so it can be an add-on or a stretch goal :D
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Countbleh

Post by Countbleh »

M. Night Shyamalan is hiding under the bed, giggling.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

rogermart wrote:
Eisu wrote:SOTR never had a Kickstarter... the Kickstarter have always been for Ma3 and SOTR is a stretch goal or add on, so yeah, even if SOTR updates infrequently, I'm pretty sure the Ma3 Kickstarter will get their funds no problem because it has always been for Ma3 and not for SOTR.
Exactly, and i'm positive you will finish the 19 remaining strips for book#2 by the time the Ma3 vol.8 Kickstarter goes online, so it can be an add-on or a stretch goal :D
Definitely aiming for that.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

To those who saved the April Fools strip, good for you, cos we'll be removing it from the site for now. Hope you enjoyed it ^^