2016-01-08 But no peeking now

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

rogermart

Re: 2016-01-08 But no peeking now

Post by rogermart »

The problem was the "no worries there"... I would've said something like "ok, but you're asking me a lot" or "why would i peek? because a hot naked girl is changing?" or something like that... she receives the message that "i want to see you naked but i respect you", what Alex said is basically "i have not the slightest interest in seeing you naked"...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Alex is another geeky teen; asking for witty, deft flirtation from him on the spur of the moment is a bit optimistic. Marie is getting polite, which is probably as much as she can hope for.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Wow - somebody just apologised for walking into a room without knocking -- in the Ma3 universe!
brasca wrote:I'd call it software...
Marie is a slim, healthy teenager. I'd hope it rated as firmware.

Sorry.
It's a Short Circuit reference because I am old.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:Alex is another geeky teen; asking for witty, deft flirtation from him on the spur of the moment is a bit optimistic. Marie is getting polite, which is probably as much as she can hope for.
That's why i said that if it was me. But you're right, she's getting polite because Alex doesn't see her that way, if he had the hots for Marie like he has for Sandra, he would've blushed, stuttered or said the wrong thing (maybe all 3 at once).
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Ah women. You keep wanting us men to be civil and polite, the perfect gentlemen, instead of turning every situation into sexual opportunitism and general dickery...

Except when you don't.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The trick is to convey that you'd sink to sexual opportunism in a heartbeat, except that you respect them too much.

Which should of course often be true, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Why did he offer to just turn around... why not just leave the room? He must of been standing there for a couple minutes while she got clothes and put them on.

The concept of rooms are so confusing. What are they to them? Why do they only have 3 walls? Why does this 4th wall go out to nowhere, and why can they not look directly at it? Is the door merely a conceptualization of the perception of privacy, or does privacy hold no true meaning to one without a 4th wall? Do MA3 characters dream of electric doors, and if they do... do they lock?

These are things I do not know. What I do know is that with this much barging into rooms, Alex has most likely seen Marie naked already. The probably of this not happening already are 2^276709 to 1.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

… and then Ingrid jumped out of the closet, grabbed Alex and said "Yu can look at me, sweetie. I am experimenting!!!"
;)

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

And then she goes down on him... Cause She's Amorous!

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Zorlond wrote:Ah women. You keep wanting us men to be civil and polite, the perfect gentlemen, instead of turning every situation into sexual opportunitism and general dickery...

Except when you don't.
This comic is written by a man.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

...and manifests that standard male grumble. Though I think Dave, like any sensible adult man, knows perfectly well what the answer is.
---------
Spidrift

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

I'm finding it way easier to identify with Alex in a way Gary never managed.

Granted, we geeked out about obscure novels instead of videogames but still...

wm247

Post by wm247 »

Abraxas wrote:
BlairFan wrote:… and then Ingrid jumped out of the closet, grabbed Alex and said "Yu can look at me, sweetie. I am experimenting!!!"
;)

And then she goes down on him... Cause She's Amorous!
Burned with rage, Marie may finally realize that she needs to raise the stakes to ensure Alex starts seeing her as a fine, healthy, and horny beautiful woman. It all leads to Marie finally contacting Zoe, about accepting her offer and becoming her protege in modeling. :D

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

I know we all overlooked the IP joke, but I think it's a joke kn Rule 34. I.P. stands for "Internet Protocol", does it not? Protocol is just another term for a set of rules. Like the rules of the Internet. Marie's comment parodies the usual outcome of rule 34.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

No, I'm sure that in this case, IP stands for "intellectual property". Marie is a games geek who blogs about the business, rather than a hacker, so she'll be moderately familiar with discussions of intellectual property rights, whereas she'll see internet protocols as a means to an end, and ideally something that should remain invisible. She's thinking of her own bod here as something akin to Super Mario or whatever -- a unique thing under (her) monopoly control, which should be of interest to Alex.
---------
Spidrift