Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2015-12-29 Grind her final boss

Post by Eisu »

True_Avery

Re: 2015-12-29 Grind her final boss

Post by True_Avery »

I needed to unlurk for this post just to say that this is perhaps my favorite comic page I've yet seen from any comic in this community. It has it all: tasteful nudity, conflict, comparisons of lesbian sex to masturbation AND rpg grinding and even tasteful nudity.

This is a thing of beauty. Be proud.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

Two comics taking it to the "next level" at the same time, eh? Was this planned?

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Marie, as a fellow gamer, I admire your determination and absolutely love your attitude, but this is not how it works.
This is not how any of this works.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

hightechartist wrote:Two comics taking it to the "next level" at the same time, eh? Was this planned?
I did wonder about the symmetries between Marie and Ruby (two smart young women refusing to solve a problem with their sex lives the simple way because of embarrassment and over-thinking) myself, but somebody pointed out that the SotR strips were supposed to appear over a month ago, so this probably isn't deliberate.

I'd still like to see the two of them asking for advice and comparing notes online, though.
Maechris wrote:Marie, as a fellow gamer, I admire your determination and absolutely love your attitude, but this is not how it works.
Still, the kid gets bonus points for trying, and for applying the tools she's got to the problem in hand. Though I suppose that when all you've got is a plumber, everything looks like a mushroom.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

My exact, spoken response to panel 3: "Well. ...Okay."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

It's too bad that before reaching that secret dungeon and grinding the final boss, she'll have to leave town and fight some goblin brigands first that appear within 5 feet of the gate.

Also, does Ingrid have a PvP arena?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Maechris wrote:Marie, as a fellow gamer, I admire your determination and absolutely love your attitude, but this is not how it works.
If I found Bowser lurking around in the dungeon I might want to alert my partner to see a physician. Still she's working with what she knows.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Agreed. This seems extremely unlikely to end well...

Ecchi-Spud
Wielder of the Remote

Post by Ecchi-Spud »

Many thanks to Raamyah for the avvie!!!!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

brasca wrote:If I found Bowser lurking around in the dungeon I might want to alert my partner to see a physician.
I'd be more worried about funghi! :P

I bet they don't give a 1UP.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Brux

Post by Brux »

Marie, turn off the hot water. Now.

Seriously, the situation is getting very absurd very quickly... YMMV, but for me it's heading deep into cringe comedy territory. (Not that I don't enjoy that ride...)
Don Alexander wrote:It's too bad that before reaching that secret dungeon and grinding the final boss, she'll have to leave town and fight some goblin brigands first that appear within 5 feet of the gate.
I think that phase is called "experimenting in college".
Don't give me any ideas about a "PvP arena", I'm not nearly drunk enough to put that to paper, err, keyboard.
*slithers off to lurk some more*

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

I predict a rage quit very soon ! XD

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

I predict that Ingrid will have stolen all of Marie's stuff while she was in the shower.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

These last two comics just reminded me of Neil Patrick Harris when he told about how he realized he was gay, only of course, this is a bit reversed. :p